Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Site = Crap!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
227 BHA said:
6.30pm and nothing about our victory today - what a waste of webspace! :censored: :flameboun

And what time do you think they are going to get back to post it on the board??

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Yorkie there is nothing stopping them using the laptops they have and the press room facilities at Oldham to upload them from there.

There is also nothing stopping someone calling someone else and they upload the words.

In this world of technology there is no excusesfor sloath, unless there is a rule from the FL that says they can't upload it yet then 1 hour after the end of the game is a bit slow, to be honest 5 minutes after the game is a bit slow for text.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
what about having someone in brighton who can have the news relayed

marvin also made fair points

my verdict, the offical site is crap

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
It doesn't take somebody from the game to report that Brighton have won 3-1 today with goals from Henderson and 2 from Leon Knight... I don't even read the official site anymore, absolute crap.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree Marvin but we only have 2 'backroom' boys who also record the interviews for the Seagulls world etc.

We don't have a lot of extra staff like some other clubs do. Sheff Wed for example have 200 non playing staff.

I know our official site could be better but being critical all the time doesn't help matters.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
7.15pm and still nothing - my original point was that the official site is supposed to be the first outlet of information regarding BHA, so what is more important than results? Surely they can at least get the score up for people around the world (although anyone who supports the Albion would know that NSC is the first place you look)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yorkie said:
I agree Marvin but we only have 2 'backroom' boys who also record the interviews for the Seagulls world etc.

We don't have a lot of extra staff like some other clubs do. Sheff Wed for example have 200 non playing staff.

I know our official site could be better but being critical all the time doesn't help matters.

Neither does coming up with the same old lame excuses every day/week/month etc.

The official site is total bollox and when conference sides have a far better presence on the internet it is time for change.

If the club aren't told what everybody thinks how can they improve things? And until they listen and make changes it will always be crap.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
how about starting The Offical Site Is Crap club, to show how many people dont rate it

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Yorkie said:

Yorkie I know the people involved personally and all I did was point out that there are ways to do it without returning to Brighton.

We have 3 people at matches like this and one of them could have written a little piece in the last 5 mins of the game and then uploaded it immediately after. It does not need to be a pulitzer prize winning effort brief description of the goals etc.

Its usually 20 -30 mins after the game that interviews start so what happens in that time? True they have to get from the press box to the press room, but in grounds like Oldham this is normally a journey of yards. (as opposed to miles for snappers).

If I do pictures this year (and not decided yet) I plan to use laptop, mobile phone and bluetooth technology to have the pictures online by 5.30 pm Taking pictures and editing them during the game. (that's all the pictures I plan to have some online by HT)

If I on my own can achieve that with pictures why do words take so long?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Fair comment Marvin

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
The Arsegas manage to get their Sports Arsegas complete with 3 page report, colour photos, local results roundup and all national league results from prem. down all written up, sent to print, despatched and delivered to shops round Sussex by 6pm on a Saturday.
And by the way its now 9.40pm and there's still nothing on the official site!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Newsflash from the official site:

Henderson set to make his debut against Oldham

(Still the latest news at 11:00 pm).

It's official-our official site is shite. It's not as if it's suddenly got crap either. When was the last time the official shite beat anybody with some news? I get more up to date news from the mailing list and nsc than I ever do from the club's shite.:angry: :angry:

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Did you hear? Apparently Elvis is dead! :lolol:

By the way 227, that's MY avatar thanks very much!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here