Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Markus Suttner signs for £3.8m on 3 yr contract

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
But the spine of the team won't get you goals. I'll put the flags out when at least two quality strikers have been signed up and ideally one more as well.

Crikey, we will know we've made it when Zebedee puts the flags out.. :)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
But the spine of the team won't get you goals. I'll put the flags out when at least two quality strikers have been signed up and ideally one more as well.

Yes, but you need less goals if you have a solid spine to the team.

Nobody is debating we need a striker but that doesn't mean we can't be pleased when making other signings. We're also likely to play 4-4-1-1 so we won't be signing two quality strikers. I imagine we will sign one (who will become our record signing) with Murray and Hemed backing him up and then use Gross, Baldock and maybe someone like Izzy Brown as options in the second striker role.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Knightleys was a ****ing peach.

As was Poc's.

But very quickly we've gone from:-

Goals from direct free kicks are really not very common

to

The best 'keeper with most clean sheets being hit upon more times than a cocaine filled pinata at Bez' birthday party.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome to the Albion Markus... his experience will be vital...

At least 4 more to go...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
An international player, who has been playing in the Bundesliga, in the country of the world champions? Ok!

To be fair, there has to be someone who moans when we make a signing. I am sure if we signed Messi or Neymar, they would say they have no Premier League experience and would struggle at Stoke on a Tuesday night in January.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Skalak's set piece delivery (crosses rather than direct shots) is comfortably the best of any player at the Albion in the last 20 years.

This all day long. He has many weaknesses, but his delivery is at times World Class. And I'm fully aware of how high praise that is.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wilkommen Markus! This could be a very important signing. If Solly March gets game time on the left wing then bringing in an experienced player like Suttner to cover behind is essential. I liked the idea of Joe Gomez from Liverpool but to have that much inexperience down our left would have been a worry.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
To be fair, there has to be someone who moans when we make a signing. I am sure if we signed Messi or Neymar, they would say they have no Premier League experience and would struggle at Stoke on a Tuesday night in January.

It's not a moan. It's a statement.

His fee and the team he came from are more in line with the Championship than the PL.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Expect so. The ageing Bruno will probs get done defensively by PL quality forwards so might be an idea to have him as more an attacking player.

Hardly any players went pass Bruno in the last five seasons. I can't see it changing that much.

Sitting the East Lower, the general opinion is how invincible Bruno is. it is not as though the Premier League is full of better full backs being given the runaround. .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's not a moan. It's a statement.

His fee and the team he came from are more in line with the Championship than the PL.

The fee is not really relevant as there's more value in signing players from a team just relegated from the German top division then say, the PL. The team isn't relevant as if you look at his stats he compares very favourably against a lot of players from much superior teams. If anything, this shows that he and Gross are actually better players than their stats suggest as they were playing with generally inferior players to those in many other teams.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The fee is not really relevant as there's more value in signing players from a team just relegated from the German top division then say, the PL. The team isn't relevant as if you look at his stats he compares very favourably against a lot of players from much superior teams. If anything, this shows that he and Gross are actually better players than their stats suggest as they were playing with generally inferior players to those in many other teams.

Could be very good for us in the PL, but still the kind of player we could have brought in for a Championship side though.

I get we need a few players like that, they however don't move the needle much.

We need a few players who you'd confidently say they are too good for the Championship. Hopefully they are still too come.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here