Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough prosecutions

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Whilst it is disappointing that the bent cops who allowed their statements to be altered have escaped sanction, at least those who led the cover-up are being charged. My fear was that a few bent bobbies would be made the scapegoats whilst Duckenfield would get away with it. At least the CPS is acting in the public's interest even if the OB didn't.

Hopefully it will not be long before the survivors and the families of those that died get proper justice and closure on this tragedy.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Should charge the many many ticketless fans as well.....Many scenarios contributed to this awful tragedy.

I must have missed it. Would you be so kind as to point out where, in the Inquest jury's decision, any blame is attributed to the "ticketless fans" for the unlawful killing of the 96 victims.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Should charge the many many ticketless fans as well.....Many scenarios contributed to this awful tragedy.

There were no ticketless fans. The Coroner's inquest established that fact.

It's good that these six have been charge. I hope they are convicted.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

I agree with you on the six charged, but how on earth could the coroner establish the fact that there were no ticketless fans?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You agree with a total lie? You're arguing with facts - and you have no evidence to back your claim up, because none has ever existed.

What a stupid thing to agree with.

Many scenarios contributed to this awful tragedy, FACT

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree with you on the six charged, but how on earth could the coroner establish the fact that there were no ticketless fans?

The number of fans that were present dead or alive coincided with the number of tickets bought. An established fact announced in a court of law.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009

So you have made that claim without even acknowledging that the independent report and coroner clearly stated that there were no, or very few ticketless fans present? Astounding.
I believe they spent days counting fans using cctv and other cameras to come up with this conclusion.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The number of fans that were present dead or alive coincided with the number of tickets bought. An established fact announced in a court of law.

So the police and authorities checked every fan present is that what your telling me? Bearing in mind it was chaotic on the day in question.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

What rubbish.....all massive games back then had bucket loads of ticketless fans.I would guess a good 5k minimum would have gone to that match from Liverpool alone.
Guess the coroner done a super job checking the many thousands of fans one by one:glare:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So the police and authorities checked every fan present is that what your telling me? Bearing in mind it was chaotic on the day in question.

There were turnstiles, but only seven of them with 10,000 fans trying to get through.

The Hillsborough Independent Panel (HIP) report concluded crowd congestion outside the stadium was "not caused by fans arriving late" for the kick-off. The turnstiles, it said, were "inadequate to process the crowd safely" and the rate of entry insufficient to prevent a dangerous build-up outside the ground.
What the jury said: The behaviour of Liverpool supporters did not cause or contribute to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What rubbish.....all massive games back then had bucket loads of ticketless fans.I would guess a good 5k minimum would have gone to that match from Liverpool alone.
Guess the coroner done a super job checking the many thousands of fans one by one:glare:

Hmmm ..... now should I believe your idiotic guess or should I believe a highly experienced coroner ? Tough one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The police and the papers have done a super job on you believing their lies.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12

I don't think that there was a culture of lots of fans turning up without tickets at that time. There would have been little prospect of getting in, so why bother. I would be amazed if there were many inside Hillsborough without tickets, and the fact that the inquest said that this was not the case makes me sure that there weren't.

The fact that it was overcrowded does not mean that there were lots of fans with no tickets. Only the centre pens were overcrowded, there was lots of space in the outside pens.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
There were turnstiles, but only seven of them with 10,000 fans trying to get through.

The Hillsborough Independent Panel (HIP) report concluded crowd congestion outside the stadium was "not caused by fans arriving late" for the kick-off. The turnstiles, it said, were "inadequate to process the crowd safely" and the rate of entry insufficient to prevent a dangerous build-up outside the ground.
What the jury said: The behaviour of Liverpool supporters did not cause or contribute to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles.

Have I disputed this? All I'm saying is that there is no way the authorities would have had a clue if some fans had arrived ticketless, it was chaos.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So you have made that claim without even acknowledging that the independent report and coroner clearly stated that there were no, or very few ticketless fans present? Astounding.
I believe they spent days counting fans using cctv and other cameras to come up with this conclusion.

This was long before the era of HD and high level video analytics, very hard to prove numbers from that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here