Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We can finish Readings automatic hopes.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The scary thought is that come 5.30 on Sat pm, Hudders could well be only 1 point behind us. If we lose both games (not impossible) then Hudders will have a game in hand on us.

I still think we'll go up, but this could really go to the wire!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We can finish Readings automatic hopes.
On Saturday if we win
There's a danger the game might not go ahead, as the world could consume itself at 12:30 on Saturday.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
2 loses and it's all over.

Wow, a post on this thought before it happens. I predicted last week that 1 point or less from the next 2 would have the wetters out writing us off. Newcastle lost their first two games, Huddersfield had a run in Nov/Dec of 5 games without a win including back to back defeats by Cardiff and Wigan. It might happen, it would be a big setback, but it wont be terminal.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Am I the only one bricking it about Saturday? Reading are the only club in this league I 100% would loathe losing to so it's bound to happen, isn't it? The football Gods will ensure it.

I would be upset if we lost 2 home games in a row but we have good players and so both Reading and Newcastle fans will be just as worried as we are. These are the times of the season why we all love our football so much. It gets us excited and gets the heart racing.

I was gonna say better than sex and it probably is because sex doesn't last 90 minutes plus stoppage time. Well not at my time of life it doesn't

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Stam has already told everyone that Reading won't finish top 2 anyway :shrug:

This. Most Reading fans aren't talking about it seriously, it seems to be other clubs fans!

I'm more worried about Fulham's charge on 6th!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
This. Most Reading fans aren't talking about it seriously, it seems to be other clubs fans!

I'm more worried about Fulham's charge on 6th!

I don't think your loss to Huddersfield should make anyone think that Reading are out of this. Big games for all the top 4 coming up, plenty of them against each other. I for one am not under-estimating Reading!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The scary thought is that come 5.30 on Sat pm, Hudders could well be only 1 point behind us. If we lose both games (not impossible) then Hudders will have a game in hand on us.

I still think we'll go up, but this could really go to the wire!

Alternatively......

Come 7.30 on Sat pm, we could be 7 points ahead of Huddersfield. If we win both games (not impossible) then we will be 10 points ahead by Wednesday morning, albeit with them having a game in hand.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
On Saturday if we win . 11 points behind and we'll have a game in hand.
And then there were 3.

Unless I'm missing something, even when we beat them on Saturday its still mathematically possible for them to get automatic promotion? Unlikely I know, but we won't have ended their automatic promotion hopes... *pedantic*

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Alternatively......

Come 7.30 on Sat pm, we could be 7 points ahead of Huddersfield. If we win both games (not impossible) then we will be 10 points ahead by Wednesday morning, albeit with them having a game in hand.

I like your version better!

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I did some Maths when we had played 23 games and believed 91 points and our GD would be enough. So identifying 12wins and 4 draws from the remaining fixtures left 7 more loses and we are still ok. I think 91 is possibly too few now. We are still on track( actually +3 pts) but 2-3 points from the next 2 games(2 of my losses) would bridge the gapto say 95pts.
Very excited & very nervous.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
2 loses and it's all over.

The OP will be starting a thread entitled:-

Can Forest finish our automatic hopes?

If you're not interested in whose automatic prospects will diss appear then go for a bike ride and bore us with that you fat c..unt..

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I could cope with drawing Saturday IF it meant we we're saving ourselves for a Norwich style performance against Newcastle.

Furthermore I fear schadenfreude coming into play with our lot goading Kermorgant and him responding with a Scott McGleish style performance and a couple of goals.

I'm so worried about Voldemort's ability to dictate play that if I were CH I would ask Kayal/Sidwell to commit everything to marking him out of the game over a half each in an attempt to let Stephens dictate our game.

I also fear Mitrovic will wind up Dunk and get him booked/sent off.

Also worried about Sam's calf lasting two games in four days.

Gah. Can't cope. Brain overload.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here