Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lack of CLASS by Albion fans TODAY

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The clapping appeared to commence in the North West corner. Quite why anyone joined in is beyond me but just just highlights what a bunch of thickos we have in our support.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Couldn't believe the utter crassness of our supporters today. If we can't even manage a minutes silence for Rememberance Day we might as well give up. God, how I despise the modern world.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The Salvation Army musicians were very moving every time I hear the last post it sends a shiver down my spine.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I didn't clap, but it was obvious that those that did were not being in any way disrespectful. I'm sure if those that fell could have seen it, not one of them would have thought that the people that clapped were being disrespectful. Still, let's get offended on behalf of those dead heroes and try and make people feel guilty for an innocent, harmless mistake.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I didn't clap, but it was obvious that those that did were not being in any way disrespectful. I'm sure if those that fell could have seen it, not one of them would have thought that those that clapped were being disrespectful. Still, let's get offended on behalf of those dead heroes and try and make people feel guilty for an innocent, harmless mistake.

Absolutely...it was a mistake but clearly no disrespect was intended and it was still a moving tribute.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm puzzled at the criticism ....I doubt if anyone was being disrespectful..we often now have minutes applause these days as against silence ..yes it was announced that we should be silent after the buglers..but it wasn't just supporters who clapped but players staff etc..are they 'thickos' as one poster has suggested
It wasn't long ago we had a perfectly attended and respected memorial to those that lost there lives at the Shoreham airshow ..probably those same supporters.
#together

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
REALLY! I have been to a football game many a time on or before Remembrance Sunday. I have never witnessed people clapping. As much as I despise MK Dons, even I cannot put the blame in their direction. I dont care if the players were or weren't clapping. IT SHOULD BE A MINUTES SILENCE.....

Elvis, you are absolutely right.

I was stunned by the applause. We are supposed to be remembering people who have had their lives taken away from them during war. This isn't a celebration. It's a remembrance.

I think the announcement was all a bit confusing, but why so many people joined in clapping is beyond me.

I think there's truth in what Gazwag says though. There is a danger that we've confused people in mixing up minutes applause with minutes silence, but still, really, it's a service of remembrance. I hope we never make the same error again.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
tbh I have little problem with the clapping. I do have a problem with the men in the North Stand concourse who laughed loudly. The clapping was meant respectfully, the laughing was just pig ignorant selfishness

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
tbh I have little problem with the clapping. I do have a problem with the men in the North Stand concourse who laughed loudly. The clapping was meant respectfully, the laughing was just pig ignorant selfishness

Maybe they didn't hear that the minutes silence was due to begin down in the concourse?

After all, thousands who were in their seats seemed not to hear the explicit instructions and clapped.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The problem is sometimes we are told to clap sometimes be silent. Nobody really know what is right nowadays. I would point out the players were all clapping as well which imo was started by the mk fans.

I'd have said the ripple of clapping after the Last Post finished started in the NW corner and spread gingerly from there.

Applause or silence? Don't mind either way... its still a mark of respect, but would rather people listened to the instructions so we all do the same thing. I got the impression that the clapping spread only to save the embarrassment for those who started rather than any desire to mark the minute in that way by a majority of fans.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Clapping only started as an alternative because you simply can't trust a crowd not to have at least one dick head who can't keep quiet. And then more idiots shout at em or start booing to show their displeasure but just make it worse. And that my friends is why we have clapping - to be able to show our respect on occasions without it getting hijacked by idiots.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Clapping only started as an alternative because you simply can't trust a crowd not to have at least one dick head who can't keep quiet. And then more idiots shout at em or start booing to show their displeasure but just make it worse. And that my friends is why we have clapping - to be able to show our respect on occasions without it getting hijacked by idiots.

Minutes silence was impeccably done at Reading last Saturday with 4000 odd away fans so you're point isn't exactly valid.

Started after Leeds fans sang about Don Revie through a minutes silence for Matt Busby if I recall correctly.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm firmly in the respect corner on this one. Yet I believe every soul in the ground did what they thought they were supposed to do to be respectful. I found it moving and thought the club and the fans did a great job. I was so engaged by the ceremony and the moment, that I didn't even notice the minute silence didn't happen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Minutes silence was impeccably done at Reading last Saturday with 4000 odd away fans so you're point isn't exactly valid.

It is a valid point, because he was being informative about when the minute's applause started. Nobody is saying a minute's silence cannot be maintained now.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Problem is not enough people understand how it works anymore, how many fans there today will be at their local war memorial tomorrow morning to see it done properly. I think many people today thought it was finished when the buglers finished the last post.

Richie Reynolds did announce ten seconds before The Last Post was sounded that there would be a period of silence in between that and Reveille.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Richie Reynolds did announce ten seconds before The Last Post was sounded that there would be a period of silence in between that and Reveille.

But, it clearly was "hard" for some reason. Otherwise many wouldn't have clapped as they did.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I'd had a FEW pints of :drink: so missed that.

To all the people that are still going on about this - do :shutup:

I'll bring my bugle next year:vuvu:

To blow the fluff out of your belly buttons :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here