Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Jar Family at Shoreham Ropetackle. Also went with couple of fine NSCers. People really REALLY need to check them out.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Jar Family at Shoreham Ropetackle. Also went with couple of fine NSCers. People really REALLY need to check them out.

Yes they do. Marvellous band.

In other news maybe tempted by Yak at Patterns next if I can muster the energy to go. Also Architects were just killer at the Concorde last saturday, When does this town give you five minutes for a sit down?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just got back from seeing Moderat play a rather large (9000) home town gig. After initial disappointment the album has grown on me and it was a fun night with a lot of dancing towards the end and a few hands-in-the-air moments.

Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] - are you going to Cambridge to see HMHB this week. I was hoping to go but can't get away from work in time to get there.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well Yak were fun last night. Not so big on the tunes front but a good old raucous racket once the guitar was turned up. Nice to see a youthful mosh pit too. May seem them at Glastonbury if I decide to do The Temperance Movement before them.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Beach House for me tonight. Not massively excited as I've always found them a fairly uninspiring live act. A real shame that the gig was moved from De la Warr, my favourite local venue, to All Saints Hove, which is a nice building but terrible venue for live music, even though it is a leisurely 5 minute stroll from my house!

Glad to see Preoccupations (formerly Viet Cong who changed name for PC reasons) are back in Brighton in November - missed the last few tickets by a matter of moments for their last gig at Green Door Store and have been limited to a solitary performance at Primavera since then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here