Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 104th Tour de France thread

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not sure I am buying ITVs summation of Porte's ride there. Slower than Simon Yates is awful for a rider like Porte, he should be putting time in to him over that distance. Last time they were head to head in a TT (three weeks and a bit ago) Porte put a minute in to Yates. I am aware Porte would be taking no unnecessary risks but Yates said himself in his interview he was careful in the corners.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I revamped my team this morning, transferring Valverde out. Absolutely no relief about that. Nasty tumble.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hope my bets don't come in now. Really want G to hold on.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Pretty impressive from Sky there. 1st, 3rd, 6th and 7th. The doping trolls on the cycling sites will be having a field day this evening. Full review of the stage to come later, got to go to work now :(

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Happy days

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Excellent, I'm so happy for G

Well done G.

Assume Sky won't put huge effort in to defending it yet.
They don't have too, the sprinters team will do all the work through to Wednesday, when domestique G will still keep the jersey, for the next chunk of sprint stages.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Oh, and it turns out I had Kung each way, so I did still win something.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Porte getting his excuses in early. :rolleyes:

[tweet]881195474799255552[/tweet]

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The doping trolls on the cycling sites will be having a field day this evening.(

Watching from about 4:00 all I saw were Sky riders in the top 10 and I kept thinking 'the French press are not going to like this'.
Hope they get the graphics working better Sunday, times freezing and wrong times being shown.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watching from about 4:00 all I saw were Sky riders in the top 10 and I kept thinking 'the French press are not going to like this'.
Hope they get the graphics working better Sunday, times freezing and wrong times being shown.
The French press aren't too fussed about Sky and Team GB's winter trials and tribulations.
Those that even know of the 'problem' see it very much as the UK doing our usual self-flagellation, having a storm in a teacup.

Open up the barrier, roll him off the course, carry on with the event.

[tweet]881205041994006529[/tweet]

ouchy.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Good opener for Team Sky. Valverde's crash looked nasty, probably didn't help being dragged off the course. But the show must go on.
Fractured knee cap apparently. Season (and career?) over I suspect.

Very pleased for G - how did other people fall off and he didn't!?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Gutted to see Izagirre crashed and abandoned today as well. With Nibali not riding I had him in my fantasy team and was hoping for a decent points haul. One rider down already...unbelievable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fractured knee cap apparently. Season (and career?) over I suspect.

Very pleased for G - how did other people fall off and he didn't!?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The commentators and riders were saying all day the wind couldn't make up it's mind down the very long home straight, either head or tailwind.
Also, by my rudimentary maths, G caught his minute man with 4 seconds to spare and his 2 minute man crossed the line only 6 seconds in front.
G maxed out his effort at 62.5km/h, which assuming that was down the closing straight he was a good 10km/h faster than Martin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here