Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waiting List

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Good. Hope they miss out. How years have we been at the Amex now ? 5/6 ? Glory hunters can do one.

What a tw*t you are. Alot of people, like me, could not afford a season ticket the last couple of seasons but have been fans or years. Do you think you're a better fan than everyone else? And why would it even be a bad thing if there were people interested in a ST since we got promotion?? This is part and parcel of the game and could turn into new supporters in years to come. Mug.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So many people's financial situation has changed and now they can afford a season ticket. I love this little micro surge in the economy we have experienced in Sussex compared to the rest of the country. We should vote for independence from the rest of the U.K.

Yoda

English & European
So many people's financial situation has changed and now they can afford a season ticket. I love this little micro surge in the economy we have experienced in Sussex compared to the rest of the country. We should vote for independence from the rest of the U.K.

I wish my financial situation changing had bee due to a surge in the economy, alas working for the NHS I have been stuck with a 1% increase every year only (approx £10 per month extra take home). No my financial situation has changed by giving up my season ticket for a few years ( and a few other luxuries) to pay off debts so I could afford it again.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

:lolol:

That's what I was cynically thinking. I'm sure there are many legitimate reasons for only now picking up a ST after all these years as evidenced on this thread, it's just odd how everyone's circumstances have conveniently changed at the same time now we're in the PL.

Happens at every club though, just check history of attendance figures of those moving from 2nd to 1st tier, the increases are more significant than we could hope to replicate with our current capacity. Nothing against new fans by the way, I hope we continue to grow our fan base and cut out the snobbery.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wish my financial situation changing had bee due to a surge in the economy, alas working for the NHS I have been stuck with a 1% increase every year only (approx £10 per month extra take home). No my financial situation has changed by giving up my season ticket for a few years ( and a few other luxuries) to pay off debts so I could afford it again.

You don't need to justify yourself to anybody, least of all the superfans on here.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Single seats For 3 seasons has been 2 single seats in our row abot 12 seats apart. Never understood why we were not asked to move up one to create a pair. Appreciate they will now sell but sure 2 people going together are more likely to be in for long term

I'm surprised the club don't do this as a matter of routine. There are 3 empty singles in our row of about 30 or so seats. It may not be representative but I imagine there are several hundred going unused every game

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
My, what a bad tempered thread! I'll put it down to yesterday's hot weather causing tempers to be frayed. Anyhow, what really gets my goat is this....(and I don't know what can be done to remedy the situation)..... the more affluent, but rather less passionate Albion "fans" who have been able to acquire a season ticket in the past, as a nice little luxury, just in case they fancy an afternoon out at the footy, who can rarely be bothered to actually attend a game. The bloke who sits a few seats along from me has not been for the last TWO YEARS, and his seat remains empty week in week out (no, he's not dead). It's criminal seat blocking and should be banned.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be a bit of a nice touch IMHO if a small number of 'wildcard' STs could be set aside with all those on the waiting list entered into maybe a monthly draw for the right to buy one. Would at least give the person 5,001st in the waiting list a wee bit of a run for their money. Wouldn't be that dissimilar to the Withdean era whereby anybody post-promotion wanting a matchday ticket was entered into midweek ballot. Seen few sadder sights from that era than a member of staff at the old club shop by the clock tower having to spend most of their working day stuffing uncashed cheques into stamped addressed envelopes to return to the unlucky applicants.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
My, what a bad tempered thread! I'll put it down to yesterday's hot weather causing tempers to be frayed. Anyhow, what really gets my goat is this....(and I don't know what can be done to remedy the situation)..... the more affluent, but rather less passionate Albion "fans" who have been able to acquire a season ticket in the past, as a nice little luxury, just in case they fancy an afternoon out at the footy, who can rarely be bothered to actually attend a game. The bloke who sits a few seats along from me has not been for the last TWO YEARS, and his seat remains empty week in week out (no, he's not dead). It's criminal seat blocking and should be banned.

Gotta see it from both sides. As far as the club's concerned that is a loyal fan who has been subsidising the club for a while.

Why would they risk alienating him/her to supplant with someone who might be gone after the first season?

Maybe when the waiting list is treble what it is now.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
The bloke who sits a few seats along from me has not been for the last TWO YEARS, and his seat remains empty week in week out (no, he's not dead). It's criminal seat blocking and should be banned.

That's plain wrong. Can't the 'Albion Windows 98 Computerbot' recognise that his ST's never get scanned and have a metal-mickey type word? Someone could be sitting in those seats who really wanted to be at the game. punish:

el punal

Good. Hope they miss out. How years have we been at the Amex now ? 5/6 ? Glory hunters can do one.

And what about TRUE Albion fans who have returned to the UK having lived abroad, or getting season tickets for young children, or those Albion fans who, in the past, could not make it to many games due to work commitments.

Really, I must tell my 8 year old grandson that he can 'do one' as he is a glory hunter, despite the fact that he has supported the Albion for the last three years, wears his shirt with pride, and . . . lives in Croydon! :shrug:

el punal

Er, what? I missed about 5 home games in the last season as my wife works Fridays and I had to look after our young daughter. Before that I hadn't missed more than one or two home games in a season since I started going at the age of 8. Life can be a difficult juggling act at times. Good binfest though :)

Isn't it just! You can tell that it's the close season. :D

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While I can see that supporters want to guarantee a seat by purchasing a ST surely the club must keep back a percentage of tickets for public sale. Like all clubs we must encourage some casual support, my brother is a bronze member and due to work commitments can't make every game but still wants to attend when the opportunity arises.
Doesn't make him a bad fan just one with commitments other than football.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Dad first took me when Clough arrived---went all home games upto including Newcastle away-Hoorah! motorbikes and girls stopped me attending any first division games including FA cup final.
Drifted back for Notts County play off --had kids by then -attended several games as possibly could (at the start of one season finished work early locked helmet to motorbike in hove park walked 50 yards to turnstile to find I was £2 short and couldn't get in!)
Took oldest to York at home and those scummy cuuuunts got the game abanded after 15 mins-seriously gutted money I didn't have wasted -15 mins from end would have been ok!
went priestfield 8 times with kids in tow took car had to take a mate as well to afford petrol.
couldn't get ticket for withdean so spent 8 seasons as a steward those evenings games were freezing !
Fist season at Amex got tickets were I could and when -Amex expanded bought season ticket for Dad and I in
east upper a good view and if the game was quiet I could always dooze without being disturbed.
After two seasons Dad gave up his seat under Hypia and left me on my own in the Library !
mid season move to North N1D U324 surrounded by lots of good loud people, Have attended enough away games that I am now on 1980 loyalty points .Have spent £25 to hopefully buy single tickets for my 3 sons (all have kids and cant attend or even afford it ) so they can see some of the bigger clubs.
I like to think during withdean years I knew everyone that came along all the time - sometimes now I can walk along the entire length of the north stand concourse and know just two people !.
this club is just starting to get back were it belongs as a big concern at Last ! 3 cheers
I am lucky my life is at this stage and im on the inside-money-points etc I wont miss a game this season---ive never forgotten arriving at the goldstone without enough money to get in

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At the end of the day, the club simply needs to ensure it's exchange is working properly so that as many people as possible do get the chance to get to the Amex when they can.

This. No reason whatsoever why there shouldn't be ten thousand seats made available at the Amex for the midweek visit of Stoke, as opposed to just leaving ten thousand empty STH seats.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
While I can see that supporters want to guarantee a seat by purchasing a ST surely the club must keep back a percentage of tickets for public sale. Like all clubs we must encourage some casual support, my brother is a bronze member and due to work commitments can't make every game but still wants to attend when the opportunity arises.
Doesn't make him a bad fan just one with commitments other than football.

5,000 are on general sale for each game, unless the away fans don't want their full allocation.

This. No reason whatsoever why there shouldn't be ten thousand seats made available at the Amex for the midweek visit of Stoke, as opposed to just leaving ten thousand empty STH seats.

The club will want to sell all their general sale tickets before the ticket exchange kicks in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The club will want to sell all their general sale tickets before the ticket exchange kicks in.

I'm not quite sure that's the best method of filling the stadium. Maybe every STH should be given a specific small number of games grace for when they go on holiday or are sick or whatever, whereupon their ticket gets floated for sale in exchange for some kind of club shop voucher pittance, or even some kind of token monetary refund. We've already seen that significant numbers of STH just won't turn up for midweek games for any number of valid reasons. Why not provide the facility for giving that tcket to somebody who would appreciate the Match Day Experience and pump some additional money into the club's commercial side in the process? Alternative is the seat just gets left empty and everybody loses out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here