Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting Advice Please - What would you do?...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not a particularly generous cash out offer, I'd have thought. However, taking it gives you cash in hand of 28/1 - very nice. Biggest risks are the Albion and the Warrior; the others are near nailed on, imo. The calculation I would do is whether I'd do a double on the Albion and the Warriors at ~9/2 (3300/705). Looked at that way, it's not a bad bet to let it ride. Providing, of course, you can afford to lose £705...

Although he's not losing £705 he's only losing £25 if it doesn't come in.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Cash out
The £700 is yours
The £3,000 isn't
If it was only 1 more bet to come in I'd say ride it out, but 5... too risky
Brighton looks iffy now and Benfica only 3 pts clear as well of Porto
In my experience of betting acca's 1 always lets you down, in this case either Brighton or Benfica could be your undoing

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
What ever happened to putting on a bet, letting it ride and collecting the amount you intended to win from the outcome you selected or failing that throwing the slip in the Vera Lynn when one lets you down and go on about it for the next five years?

A new age of betting due to online apps
Probably hooked thousands more punters that may never have entered a Bookies in their life
Just adds a bit of fun to it, picking and choosing when or not to cash out just gives it a new edge
If people choose not to play the cash out game they still probably go down the high street and write it on a slip and if it wins it wins and a loss is a loss

rinswun

Sep 28, 2010
A new age of betting due to online apps
Probably hooked thousands more punters that may never have entered a Bookies in their life
Just adds a bit of fun to it, picking and choosing when or not to cash out just gives it a new edge
If people choose not to play the cash out game they still probably go down the high street and write it on a slip and if it wins it wins and a loss is a loss

You mean, gives the bookies a new edge.

If you aren't comfortable letting the bet ride you shouldnt back it as a straight accumulator. You'd be better off doing a rolling acca to the point where you no longer felt comfortable staking. Anything else is just giving equity away. It's simple maths.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
You mean, gives the bookies a new edge.

If you aren't comfortable letting the bet ride you shouldnt back it as a straight accumulator. You'd be better off doing a rolling acca to the point where you no longer felt comfortable staking. Anything else is just giving equity away. It's simple maths.

Works both ways
I've won £20/30/40s etc from cashing out where the bet hasn't come in
Swings and roundabouts

Last edited:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Cash in .

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
[MENTION=16743]Bring back Bryan wade!![/MENTION]
Hi mate, any news on what you've gone for?, as I'm sure the Chelsea odds would have changed tonight after that Spurs result :ohmy:,
and your cash out value should have gone up. :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here