Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pessimistic Bournemouth fans

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
They really did throw a lot of money around during their promotions season. I knew they posted big losses but £39m! Their FFP fine of £7.6m was fairly irrelevant in the context of promotion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
"I am always pleased to see English managers and players coming into the Premier League,"

Yeh, right Eddie.........

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
"I am always pleased to see English managers and players coming into the Premier League,"

Well, he is, really isn't he? Like Lawrensen, Townsend and Tony Grealish.

Hughton was born in Forest Gate, London. He is clearly English.

For many, playing for an International team based on family connections is a matter of convenience. And playing football for the Ireland International team has not made Hughton an Irishman.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love the last line:-

"The club is working to identify a new site for its stadium and it is our ambition that a new stadium would be built in time for the start of the 2020/21 season."

So although they currently don't know where, the new stadium will be built in 3 seasons.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Broadsheet reports already that Hughton's very much on the FA radar as a future England manager...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They won't go down and I hope we have as much entertainment at the Amex next season as they seem to have had at whatever their stadium is called these days. They have had some epic games there this season I believe?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Broadsheet reports already that Hughton's very much on the FA radar as a future England manager...

Sven and Capello were England managers, but not English managers. Same would apply to Hughton if he ever got the job.

Well, he is, really isn't he? Like Lawrensen, Townsend and Tony Grealish. Hughton was born in Forest Gate, London. He is clearly English. For many, playing for an International team based on family connections is a matter of convenience. And playing football for the Ireland International team has not made Hughton an Irishman.
Yes, I know, and basically I agree with you, but any chance to have a pop at smug Eddie..................................

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I love the last line:-

"The club is working to identify a new site for its stadium and it is our ambition that a new stadium would be built in time for the start of the 2020/21 season."

So although they currently don't know where, the new stadium will be built in 3 seasons.

Surely there is enough room around their current stadium to build an AMEX size stadium? Ground share at Southampton whilst they do it?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Surely there is enough room around their current stadium to build an AMEX size stadium? Ground share at Southampton whilst they do it?
Do you think they need 30k? Not trying to have a go at Bournemouth because I think they have done remarkably well and hope we can achieve something similar but.... I heard more like 20k would suit them and surely that capacity could be developed on their current site? I know all fans and clubs exaggerate the size of their support but Tony Bloom has admitted that The Amex will not be expanded and the current 30,750 capacity will be enough to accommodate us for the near future ( Maybe a few seats squeezed in) Would be interested to see the thought of the ' muff fans are.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

There is room but they don't own it.

This exactly, in their darker days there was some shady selling off of the ground (sound familiar!!). Being the local team here, the topic of a new stadium comes up fairly frequently and there is certainly plenty of room to the north of Bournemouth (around the MoD land at Barnsfield Heath/Matchams area) but no public transport. Bournemouth and local areas will face similar NIMBYism to Brighton.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
There's something about local newspaper comment sections that seems to attract the nutters!

Bournemouth being not far from me - the town has become pretty heavily built up these days and outside of that park they currently live in (land which they don't own and cannot develop) there's nowhere in Bournemouth for them to build. They'll another joining the out of town public transport club. Somewhere along the dual carriageway going in/out of the place seems most obvious.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Do you think they need 30k? Not trying to have a go at Bournemouth because I think they have done remarkably well and hope we can achieve something similar but.... I heard more like 20k would suit them and surely that capacity could be developed on their current site? I know all fans and clubs exaggerate the size of their support but Tony Bloom has admitted that The Amex will not be expanded and the current 30,750 capacity will be enough to accommodate us for the near future ( Maybe a few seats squeezed in) Would be interested to see the thought of the ' muff fans are.

Wiki list of Urban areas in the UK has Brighton in 15th at 474,485 and Bournemouth in 16th at 466,266. Both are above Teesside, Sunderland, Stoke-on-Trent, Swansea and Burnley - all with Prem teams.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
That has been a worry of mine for a while. When he proves successful in the Premier League, which I am fairly sure he will, he will be attractive from a BAME point of view, i.e. box ticking. Pretty sure that is the only job he would leave us for though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here