Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FFS B’muff

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All so predictable. The PL is all about goals. A team with good strikers will never go down, even if the rest of their team is toilet. Bournemouth/Howe are wise enough to know this, hence they have had a selection of quality strikers ever since they went up and all the while that is the case they will never go down. They can’t defend, in fact they have some right rubbish at the back, but it doesn’t matter when the aim is 17th place.

This, this and this.

The polar opposite of Mboro, etc.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
All so predictable. The PL is all about goals. A team with good strikers will never go down , even if the rest of their team is toilet. Bournemouth/Howe are wise enough to know this, hence they have had a selection of quality strikers ever since they went up and all the while that is the case they will never go down. They can’t defend, in fact they have some right rubbish at the back, but it doesn’t matter when the aim is 17th place.

Defoe didn’t keep Sunderland up.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No we didn't. Liverpool bossed the game, bar a 15 minute spell second half when Izzy caused them some problems.
Yes but we attacked .... We didn't play 11 behind the ball. We just were not good enough , not nearly good enough

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Good stuff from B’muff. They always have a go and have a good squad. We will be fine don’t worry and get behind the team. Same old posters when things get a little tense. Keep the faith ffs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
we have now dropped to 16th could well be in the bottom 3 after next weeks games. The good thing is Southampton at home to Spurs Sunday before then Stoke have United away tomorrow and Huddersfield at home Saturday

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
[/B]
This.
They have an old stadium, second rate training facilities and as already mentioned, spent there money on players.
Whereas we have a PL ready stadium and academy, wasn't that TB initial plan for the Albion, whilst keeping within the FFP restraints.

We do seem to be pinning all our hopes on the Academy.

Let’s hope it can produce and soon.

It’s not just the strikers tho. We don’t have a midfielder like Ibe who can shred defences. Closest is Kayal and we leave him out

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Defoe is one man. I said strikers. I don’t think one player would keep a poor team up, but having goals from several players always will. It’s more than enough in this division where the real dross are all toothless.

You implied that as long you have good strikers the rest doesn’t matter. That is overly simplistic and frankly not true. A quality striker with a good team around him, a good manager and good tactics will keep a team up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes but we attacked .... We didn't play 11 behind the ball. We just were not good enough , not nearly good enough

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

In the first half i remember Murray's turn and shot inside the penalty box (which he should have done better with)..but apart from that we were pinned back in our own half for a lot of the time...in a way that reminded me of the Man City game

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bournemouth stayed up in their first prem league season because they still gave it a go and we’re positive in every game. We have unfortunately not learnt anything from Middlesbrough last season and have become a carbon copy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here