Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Corbyn.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't. Corbyn might well hand them to the Argentines though if you believe quotes dragged up from yesteryear.. And they've been settled by Argentina and many other countries and only British since 1833. I still wouldn't give up their sovereignty though/

Annoying when people you probably agree with on an issue are pedantic anyway isn't it?

1833 was when the British re-asserted their claim. The South American country was known as United Provinces at the time. They say they inherited the islands from the Spanish.
Royal Navy Captain John Strong made the first recorded landing on the then uninhabited islands in 1690, and named them after his patron Lord Falkland.
The right of self determination should rule. 99.8% of the FI population wants to remain British. There were only 3 people who voted against.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I just don't get these clowns, they bang on about being the voice and the party of the poor and those struggling on benefits, but want to make life even harder by flooding their neighborhoods (which is where they'll end up) with thousands of people who also have nothing and very little job prospects.

This mass influx they want isn't going to affect the middle class neighborhoods or the rich, but just make life even harder for the poorest end of society.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I love this new tagline that Spin is dead...

....but their excuse for no women in the top jobs is that from now on all Cabinet positions are seen as as prestigious as each other :lolol:

Yeah, ok.........

Cracking DAY 1 Spin there :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I love this new tagline that Spin is dead...

....but their excuse for no women in the top jobs is that from now on all Cabinet positions are seen as as prestigious as each other :lolol:

Yeah, ok.........

Cracking DAY 1 Spin there :lolol:

I still don't know whether to laugh at the appointment of a vegan dealing with British farmers.

Oh, and the dedicated cyclist has accepted an official car.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
1833 was when the British re-asserted their claim. The South American country was known as United Provinces at the time. They say they inherited the islands from the Spanish.

So not quite always British then.

The right of self determination should rule. 99.8% of the FI population wants to remain British. There were only 3 people who voted against.

I quite agree with you there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So not quite always British then.

Yes, they had to re-assert their claim because the United Provinces were just starting out as Argentina and Uruguay respectively, and assumed everything was theirs. It had to be pointed out to them that Spain hadn't had sovereignty.
Geographical closeness is not a claim.

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
11996917_741659445939159_1234955330571644032_n.jpg

Youve got to admit they do have a point.

:lolol::lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A good and reassuring interview with the Corbyn's new shadow chancellor John McDonnell

Corbyn knows exactly what he is doing.

Very very good interview and will hopefully lay to rest some of nonsense which has been spouted about Corbyn and his policies.
[MENTION=21316]ALF[/MENTION]red Mizen. What do you make of his comments about the IRA? Not trying to shit stir, genuinely interested what you think on such a contentious issue for you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Women have been appointed as Chief Whip, Chief Secretary to the Treasury and to the Defence, Health and Education portfolios. There are more women than any other shadow or actual cabinet I can think of and more than twice as many as in Cameron's cabinet. I would have thought that those were things to be applauded.

And two of the "biggies", health and education, and both women now. I'm happy with 16 out of 31.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why the excitement about the gender of any appointment, you have to remember Diane Abbott is female ??

I think it's a positive thing to have a better balance of gender. The cabinet is supposed to represent us and a better balance means we are better represented.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Oh, and the dedicated cyclist has accepted an official car.
This level of criticism two days in, with some big decisions made and important details of policy starting to emerge, is quite reassuring.

FWIW, I add my voice to the optimistic and idealistic "It doesn't have to be like this" camp.

Inequalities in life opportunities and experiences between human beings of equal value in this country, let alone in the world, are obscene. They have always been but we are more aware and more able to do something about it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here