Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

S/Ticket Train Travel

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Bit of an awkward moment yesterday. Got to H Heath station amand just missed the lewes train (preferred route) so hopped on the Btn only train instead (First Capital Connect) which I've done many times before. Ticket bloke comes along checks my season ticket then checks my dads for quite awhile. Journey carries on and around Preston Park he comes back and queries it saying that he wasn't aware that A: there was a game on and B: that the season tickets were valid for travel. He kept referencing the old Withdean ticket books etc.
After explaining that that was 3 years ago and there's never been a problem before, plus genuinely asking if this was a new route for him I offer to try and find the T's and C's for him. We get to Brighton and he rushes out and asks someone else. Anyway, this new guy says that some time ago the club and FCC had some sort of falling out and S/Tickets are now only valid on Southern trains. We went on our way in the end with no further problems.
I questioned a few people about this at the Swan and like me no one had heard this news.
Have I missed an announcement on this (highly plausible!) or were the train lads incorrect?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
No I wouldn't have thought so although caught the train at 12:45 as fancied getting there early. I'm aware of the time restrictions I.e 11am til 9pm but certainly I've not heard about First Capital Connect restrictions. The chap at the station said the club are no longer paying them subsidies only Southern so as a result FCC won't accept the S/Tickets......

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398154469.029064.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It might be an idea to ask the transport manager the same question?
[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION]transport

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398156033.639867.jpg

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
If that's true then that puts a serious spanner in the works for my train travel as Southern trains don't normally stop at Burgess Hill. But FCC do.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Well as above 'Brad' now seems to concede that (as we all know!) S/T are valid. I however will be saving that image in order to produce it should the same situation occur in the future

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Nope, hold that thought! Brad isn't quite ready to commit. He's off to do some more digging!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398158278.359691.jpg

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Hahaha!! Bugger!

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Travelling from Three Bridges, most of the trains to Brighton are FCC, so hope this isn't the case.

I did have a problem last night though , at Brighton station. Travelled back at 2230 after a few post match beers, and ticket chap at the barrier said the S/T's aren't valid after 2100 ,so I had to buy a ticket.

Seems to be a bit of a first, as I'm quite used to using my S/T to travel back late after Saturday games.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Railway company staff giving contradictory information, the right arm not knowing what the left is doing? Thats a unique first.....

Aren't Southern and FCC meant to be amalgamating in the near future anyway? That should sort the confusion - Or make things worse. As mentioned, definitely one for the transport manager at the Amex.

There was a similar issue at Withdean with South West Trains staff. I remember a few of their guards kicking off, saying the travel vouchers weren't valid by SWT. Being based in Portsmouth or Southampton, they probably knew nothing of the scheme?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Travelling from Three Bridges, most of the trains to Brighton are FCC, so hope this isn't the case.

I did have a problem last night though , at Brighton station. Travelled back at 2230 after a few post match beers, and ticket chap at the barrier said the S/T's aren't valid after 2100 ,so I had to buy a ticket.

Seems to be a bit of a first, as I'm quite used to using my S/T to travel back late after Saturday games.

Thats always been the case, but I think it was rarely enforced. Sounds like they have clamped down as I've heard of others being told they had to buy a ticket after 9pm.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Brad doesn't know anything, he probably works at a call centre in Bangalore!

I always thought the twitter responses for First Capital Connect were dealt with by a social media team in Manila :facepalm:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Aren't Southern and FCC meant to be amalgamating in the near future anyway? That should sort the confusion - Or make things worse. As mentioned, definitely one for the transport manager at the Amex.

They should be, the announcement of the tendering process should be quite soon. I think there is a lot of expectation that the firm that will win it are from China, so goodness knows where the new call centres will be.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
They should be, the announcement of the tendering process should be quite soon. I think there is a lot of expectation that the firm that will win it are from China, so goodness knows where the new call centres will be.

They are merging, but thats a few years off yet - Stagecoach (run South West Trains and half of Virgin Trains) and Govia (people who run Southern) are believed to be the front-runners, hopefully the latter get it. News to me that FCC dont accept the ticket and pretty bizarre that their customer service team cant actually find out for sure about it.

BTW, FCCs customer service/moan in offices are in East London.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I heard the new call centre will be in Fu King. Gonna be fun and games , have you ever tried to get through to a Fu King call centre recently ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here