Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham tomorrow - no f**king about!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Seriously now, this is a nailed-on MUST-WIN match.

We can’t afford to drop points and think we’re gonna make up for it with wins against Spurs, Man U and/or Liverpool in the last few games. Ain’t gonna happen!

We need three points NOW.

The survival of our club isn't at stake, but we’ve worked ruddy hard to get into the Premier League - so let’s f**ing stay there!

If we’re gonna avoid relegation, we need to treat every home match like it’s the ‘97 run-in.

This is Leyton Orient, this is Barnet, this is f*cking Doncaster Rovers!

You want a cup run?

THIS is a f**king cup final!

If we’re drawing with 5min to go I want to see Ryan sent up for a corner.

In fact, I want to see CH sub on Krull and send HIM up for the corner.

I want to see players collapsed with exhaustion on the final whistle, whatever the result.

We need 100% effort. One hundred and ruddy TEN percent effort.

No f**king about - from the players or fans.

3 points and nothing less.

COME ON!!!

**** the platitudes

Tell it like it is

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Must win game! Seen 2 quotes tonight from manger/player saying it’s a must not lose game. Looks like we are already playing for a point!

Saw the interview earlier and thought the same. Bloody hope not. It’s a game we’ve got to have a real go at getting 3 points. All the pre match talk about how good the opposition are and how difficult it is in this division hardly installs confidence in the team going out there to play.
When we were in the championship we set our sights on a playoff spot for the first few seasons. It was almost as if it was job done simply making the playoffs. When we realised we were good enough for the top 2, the mind set changed, we missed out on goal difference one season and went up the following year. Our mentality needs to change and we need to believe that we can compete at this level. From what I’ve seen this season we are more than capable of staying up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Saw the interview earlier and thought the same. Bloody hope not. It’s a game we’ve got to have a real go at getting 3 points. All the pre match talk about how good the opposition are and how difficult it is in this division hardly installs confidence in the team going out there to play.
When we were in the championship we set our sights on a playoff spot for the first few seasons. It was almost as if it was job done simply making the playoffs. When we realised we were good enough for the top 2, the mind set changed, we missed out on goal difference one season and went up the following year. Our mentality needs to change and we need to believe that we can compete at this level. From what I’ve seen this season we are more than capable of staying up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Spot on, it’s all about belief. I think we play with too much fear. It’s not necessarily about attacking all the time but it’s about the confidence of knowing you are at least as good as the opposition and deserve to be where you are. We are at home, we should expect to win and not play with a fear of losing. Ok a draw is not the end of the world and neither is a defeat but a win breeds confidence and confidence produces more wins. It’s a mental battle as much as it is an ability battle and we need to believe.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd have to be convinced of the merits of lunchtime drinking whilst undertaking electrical work.

Even more so when that electrical work was in my house!
After a pint or two, you should be a little more relaxed, and consequently, you're less likely to suffer a heart attack when you give yourself a shock.

I may have made that up.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Must win?

Ok, I've put some thought into this (best part of 3 minutes).
After 25 games: Bottom half teams are on 23, 24, 26 & 27 points (bar West Brom). 24 avoiding drop.
At the end of the season, we'll need about 38 or 39 points (possibly less if we're lucky). Let's say 38, so 14 more points.

That's 3 wins and 5 draws, or 4 wins and 2 draws.

From 5 games against top 6, 8 games against the rest.
Oops, I had a senior moment when working out the target and briefly dreamt there were 40 games in a season (despite working out that having played 25 we only have 13 left :facepalm:). I think we need 36 or 37 points, so 12 or more than we have.

That's 3 wins and 3 or 4 draws, or 2 wins and 6 or 7 draws.

I feel like we've just got 2 extra points and it's not even midday!

Last edited:

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Mathematically of course not a must win game today.
But realistically it is to give us a chance of avoiding relegation.
Need team and crowd firing on all cylinders today!!!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mathematically of course not a must win game today.
Ok, so if we draw SSN won't put an R next to our name today. Ok, that's a good start.
But realistically it is to give us a chance of avoiding relegation.
So if we draw today, we have no realistic chance of survival? Er, that's not right is it. How much chance (probability) are you talking exactly?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We didn’t f**k about, that’s for sure!

Sent from my heart
Until the the Thai bar I was in changed channels we looked good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If we go one up, be ready for siege mentallity and defence, its been the same all season and its not going to change. If we go one down, well, there is no plan B.

It's easy with hindsight....... but it looked to me as if we could have finished with 6 or 7 if only the luck had been with us.:albion2:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
It's easy with hindsight....... but it looked to me as if we could have finished with 6 or 7 if only the luck had been with us.:albion2:

I can only agree with you, however once we went one up did you notice that we sat back, five across the back and they scored. Best thing that happened to us yestereday was that West Ham scored, that said I thought they were truly poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here