Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article: Modern 'top level' football. Rootless, often clueless, non-inclusive, sanitized and mute – reflections on yesterday’s Arsenal game

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Maybe, just maybe, lots of people in the Arsenal seats were Brighton fans so they stayed quiet.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Thanks [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] a thoughtful piece which particularly sums up modern football and in particular the EPL.

For my part I couldn't get a ticket but spent the morning in Worthing visiting a football memorabilia shop run by a QPR fan - very nice and knowledgable guy he was too and the guitar shop just by the Pier. Missed 1st half fortunately as decided on coffee and cake at Costa then 2nd half at Vintner's Parrot. I own up to being a rabble rouser as it was quiet in there with a few Arsenal dotted about. A couple whom I sat opposite were impressed by Brighton in the last 20mins or so. We didn't disgrace ourselves.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Great piece, thanks for writing. I have a good mate who's a true gooner, and he really misses the old days: before corporate, before prawn sandwiches, before Asian 'supporters' flags You took a very telling photo that sums it up far better than one can see on Match of the Day. Cheers, and UTA!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here