Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next season odds

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION could pull off a top-half Premier League finish next term, according to Ladbrokes.

The bookies make it 5/1 for the newly-promoted Seagulls to make the top 10 next season, while 10/1 says they break the top six.

Elsewhere, they’re 1/2 to beat fierce rivals Crystal Palace any time in the campaign, with the same price on offer for Chris Hughton’s men to beat the drop.

Looking ahead, it’s 5/4 for The Amex to host Prem football for the next 3+ seasons, while 5/1 says they play in the Champions League anytime in the next six years – with 33/1 to win it by the end of 2028.

Ladbrokes News’ Dave Burin said: “The Seagulls are flying high right now, and we’re predicting the good times to continue, with survival, beating old rivals and possibly even a top-half triumph.”

Ladbrokes Latest Betting:

Brighton & Hove Albion specials – 2017-18 season

To beat Crystal Palace anytime - 1/2
Not to be relegated - 1/2
To beat any of Chelsea, Tottenham or Man United - 4/5
To be relegated - 6/4
To beat Crystal Palace Home and Away in the PL - 5/2
Any Brighton player to score 15+ PL goals - 4/1
To finish in the Premier League Top Half - 5/1
To finish in the Premier League Top Six - 10/1
To finish in the Premier League Top Four - 20/1
Brighton to win any major trophy in 2016-17 (FA Cup, EFL Cup, Premier League) - 33/1
To win the Premier League - 1000/1

Future Brighton specials

To spend the next 3+ seasons in the Premier League - 5/4
To spend the next 5+ seasons in the Premier League - 5/2
To play in the Champions League by end of 2022-23 season - 5/1
To win the Champions League by end of 2027-28 season - 33/1

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Been looking at some hardcore stattage concerning promoted teams, which I'll get round to posting about later but just to add this in case anyone is interested.

Of the 48 teams to have been promoted to the Prem this century, 9 have finished in the top 10 the following year, but it's becoming much more of a rarity. In the last ten years only West Ham (2013, finished 10th) and Birmingham (2010, 9th) have managed it.

Edit - which concurs with [MENTION=15579]Albumen[/MENTION]'s valaution above.

Edit 2 - only once this century has a promoted team broken the top 6: Ipswich in 2001. Ain't gonna happen and Ladbrokes can **** off with their 10/1.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Some of those odds are ridiculously miserly.

33/1 to win the champions league in the next eleven years?!

I quite like 33/1 to win a trophy though, which covers EFL and FA Cup. I fancy us to do well in either or both.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
To play in the Champions League by end of 2022-23 season - 5/1

That seems like a very fair price given our almost certain future domination of European football...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I never bet and I'm not going to start now - but I love the fact we're NOT automatic favs to come back down! Brighton are back, Brighton are back, hello hello!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here