Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 Years of North Stand Chat

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Over the years we have jumped about across different versions of messageboard software and different hosts.

We have been on vBulletin since July 2003. We have changed hosts a fair few times since then but managed full and successful migrations, which is why the current history goes back until then - all 7m+ posts.

In the old days as soon as NSC got above about 150 concurrent users it would bring to a halt. Now we can cope with thousands, as we have to at peak times.

NSC was set up by [MENTION=8]ManxSeagull[/MENTION] and I took it on some time around 2000/2001 I believe.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was on from around the start...we have lost some good people since those days....sarah, Tony L, Frank....

Also whatever happened to nIce Mr hitler..NMH? Someone said he moved to Sweden, but I miss his putdowns.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was there at the very beginning. NSC first existed as a forum on a Brighton fan website (run by a guy called Gary from the Isle of Man) about a month before Fans Utd. Before that the guestbook on this website provided the main online discussion forum and was where Richard Vaughan raised the idea of fans from other clubs attending a game at the Goldstone. Although, at the time, the primary source for BHA chat was the seagulls email list!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Worst - being on-line 11 September 2001

Best - the Vicente thread

Funniest - Jamie

Funniest

What about hineys wife's encounter with her colleague? And also the Scottish chaps confessions about HR? Oh and ASK TANK....? The baby seagulls one too!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Id agree the being on line 11th september 2001 was up there with the worst. Wasnt posting then but spent the afternoon at work reading

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Over the years we have jumped about across different versions of messageboard software and different hosts.

We have been on vBulletin since July 2003. We have changed hosts a fair few times since then but managed full and successful migrations, which is why the current history goes back until then - all 7m+ posts.

In the old days as soon as NSC got above about 150 concurrent users it would bring to a halt. Now we can cope with thousands, as we have to at peak times.

NSC was set up by [MENTION=8]ManxSeagull[/MENTION] and I took it on some time around 2000/2001 I believe.

I didnt know that, top work ManxSeagull :)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
.... and don't forget those of us that lost or had our joining dates re-set? Can't fully remember what it was all about now? [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

I haven't met many from here, or rather haven't introduced myself as Tim Over Whelmed to the many Albion fans I've met.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I wasn't here right at the start. I would have joined around 2001 time - I met Fatboy at University who introduced me to the site. I remember those days of manually entering your username (or just posting as "anonymous")... and the NSC meetup (at the pub whose name I've long forgotten), playing the 83 Cup Final on the big screen all evening!

Falmer stadium is a PIPE DREAM! (What was that guy's name.......?)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Hang on there one darn moment. I know my mental arithmetic is, well, mental, but if you were in at the start, and NSC is twenty years old this year, how come it says you joined in 2003?

Mine says 2007 and I have been posting as ToW way before that, probably around 1999-2000?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know that I was here prior to 2003 but can't remember when i joined. I think TOW is referring to Turkey-gate, when Turkey decided to help out Bozza by doing a little 'cleaning up' :angel:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I think I joined in 2001, a year before 26 October 2002. I've been enjoying the bantz since and miss a few of the old timers - Brighton Rock (the only other Palace fan on at the time), Watford O and of course BHA Express (RIP) who used to find a different way to insult my family every day.

Happy 20th NSC.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I first posted in March 1997, though I wasn’t called JTM until 2003

Best bits: Hiney Art
Worst bits: Those CKR fallouts personally aimed at me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here