Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Burger King proposed

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I'm surprised that not many people have picked up on the new Burger King which is proposed next door to Buddies on the seafront? Planning applications are in at the moment.

The last proposal at the bottom of East Street resulted in petitions, Caroline Lucas objecting etc - it was a huge hoo-ha.

Has this new proposal gone under the radar?

I imagine Buddies will be livid as BK want to open 7am-6am so will take loads of Buddies late night trade.. and the chippie on the other side.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"next door to Buddies" suggests its different to the one a bottom of East Street?

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Yes. This is a new proposal. next to buddies. not the pub which was previously proposed. IT would replace a restaurant and a cafe.

Looks like no one has objected to the new planning application- I'm surprised- a few months ago it seemed like lots of people were dead against a burger king on the seafront. Where have they all gone?!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't really see the big deal. People who want that junk will invariably get it from somewhere in town, so what difference does it make if its on the seafront ?

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Yes. This is a new proposal. next to buddies. not the pub which was previously proposed. IT would replace a restaurant and a cafe.

Looks like no one has objected to the new planning application- I'm surprised- a few months ago it seemed like lots of people were dead against a burger king on the seafront. Where have they all gone?![/QUOTE)
If it replaces a restaurant and cafe it wouldn't need planning permission, would it?

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Yes because they want to run a restaurant / takeaway- the takeaway element needs permission.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here