Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Incoming! (Storms across the channel)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sorry!

On a more positive note it's back and lasting much longer now. Keep thinking that it's over and then it sparks up again. The Mrs is loving it although the loud rumblings have woken the 7 year old up - baby is sleeping through though which is a positive

From checking netweather we are in for a fair bit more to come

Looks like stuff is developing mid Channel again, but much more 'aggressively' in the West as it did earlier.

More Rain.png

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We spent a holiday on the Lizard about 10 years ago, and we stayed in St Keverne (we were there at the same time as the Ox Roast) and I thought we went to Coverack, but it turns out we spent a day at Porthoustock just up the coast.

Its a wonderful place. Coverack is great, they do a fantastic november 5th. Mad to see the floods ripping through the village, especially considering how flat it is round here!

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
On the Devon/Dorset border we have just had a few lightning flashes, a couple of rolls of thunder and a very short downpour. Looks like the allotment will need watering after all.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Seems according to lightening maos that a decent storm in brewing in the channel south of Worthing area

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Popped down to the local shops and observed quite a light show from the South.

Looking at Lightning Maps, it's amazing how far off shore the strikes are.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
They are pretty impressive. Seem to be increasing in intensity out there. Assuming they follow their current route anywhere from Worthing to Eastbourne should get quite a spectacular show between 12 - 1 at a guess

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Come on, bring it on. I decided not to hose the garden on the basis of this thread and yet I haven't seen a drop. Sort it out weather man.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They are pretty impressive. Seem to be increasing in intensity out there. Assuming they follow their current route anywhere from Worthing to Eastbourne should get quite a spectacular show between 12 - 1 at a guess

Sooner than that I think!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here