Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Mr Blair believes in looking after the wealthy in the hope that trickle down economics helps the rest of us. I think he is genuine in his belief in this process and he is willing to accept the consequent rises in inequality. The EU is fundamental to this approach because it facilitates multinationals by reducing labour costs and gives them power to negotiate with Governments and workers by means of their mobility.Blair mixes in billionaire circles so of course he is going to have the impression that the country wants to reverse Brexit. I'm not a fan of Jeremy Corbyn but at least he is committed to genuine equality and the halting of trickle down economics. I'm not really surprised by Blair's views on Brexit.

Blair is a fraud and a murderer and should be in prison. A horrible piece of human flesh.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The same Jeremy Corbyn who went to private school, along with Diane Abbot, who sent her children to private school, whilst wanting equality for everyone else?

JC's parents chose his school and in any case their decision has little effect on equality. They were free to spend their money on whatsoever they wished. As I say I don't support JC and Diane Abbott is one of the reasons. I think the bigger picture to be whether Government policy is set to benefit the rich so that wealth trickles down or whether society moves forward together albeit at a lower average wealth. The former view is taken by the Tories, liberals and assorted Blairites. It is not 'evil' as many on the left characterize it in inflammatory threads on the internet. It is simply an economic view and leads to the creation of organizations such as the EU. It is no co-incidence that it was the Tories who took us into the EU and were instrumental in the creation of the Single Market. This is also fundamental to TB's world view whereas JC prefers to tackle inequality.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Mail on Sunday is a Remain supporting newspaper, if they are reporting as you say that the frogs are planning to “ rip London to pieces “ then its just more project fear.

Yes it was, though that was to do with The Daily Mail and General Trust hedging it's bets editorially than fully backing it. I'd hardly refer to Lord Rothermere and Geordie Greig as remainers either.

_96960567_mail-on-sunday-1.jpg

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Partly, there are many things to be considered when deciding to go and who is running the country and the direction it is going in is one of them.

Blimey the Blair years feel like the good old days compared to the shambles currently unfolding...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Lol. Do you actually believe trump will sign Amy deal that doesn't see the other country being ripped off? Seriously? I am assuming you are joking. This is the guy that pulled out of a climate change deal to support Montana when the people in Montana wanted to stay in the deal. You are joking right? Either that or you are Nigel Farage.

The Paris agreement is just another Kyoto, in the America Pays. Junking this and all the Bureaucracy will benefit both countries.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't think so. He is simply someone with whom I (and you) disagree. His arguments need to be challenged not demonized otherwise we will turn into Trump's America.

No he should be on trial for war crimes not challenged. He lied to the nation and parliament, he knew what he was doing and as a result has blood of babies, children, women and men on his hands.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Instead of lying about the NHS, if the Brexit campaign wrote on their bus:-

'Blair want's us to stay'

there wouldn't have been such an ambiguous narrow margin result.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's hardly his fault he was sent to a private school.

And in that school he realised the system is wrong a soon learnt how to debate and making quite a name for himself, which led to him becoming a politician fighting for equality.
I wish people would know just a little about stuff before opening their mouths.
And as for Blair, ok he made a mistake and that has tainted his time as PM but he was the best PM in my lifetime and millions of others thought so too, give me Blair over Cameron and this useless woman and Government we have now.
Biggest mistake Blair made was to hand over to Brown.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we are starting to see a pattern finally , and that is that the lives of the masses in the U.K are totally at the mercy of a bunch of privately educated , port swilling , pig fiddling , asset hiding , closet milionare ,fraudsters.......they all campaign for the good of the commoners but when they get in it's all aboard the gravy train to a life long ride of free this and free that ....it's a life of luxury at the expense of the tax payers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
we are starting to see a pattern finally , and that is that the lives of the masses in the U.K are totally at the mercy of a bunch of privately educated , port swilling , pig fiddling , asset hiding , closet milionare ,fraudsters.......they all campaign for the good of the commoners but when they get in it's all aboard the gravy train to a life long ride of free this and free that ....it's a life of luxury at the expense of the tax payers.

'starting to see' only works if you happen to be a velociraptor who'd been roaming the planet for 70 million years.

For the rest of us, that's how it's always been.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Is it Return Of The Not In Office Clown Week?
Nick Clegg has just called for another referendum but this time all the votes of young people count double.:mad:
Who needs bendy bananas with these fruits still sticking their oar in.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And in that school he realised the system is wrong a soon learnt how to debate and making quite a name for himself, which led to him becoming a politician fighting for equality.
I wish people would know just a little about stuff before opening their mouths.
And as for Blair, ok he made a mistake and that has tainted his time as PM but he was the best PM in my lifetime and millions of others thought so too, give me Blair over Cameron and this useless woman and Government we have now.
Biggest mistake Blair made was to hand over to Brown.

That "mistake" was some f@@king error. The smarmy w@nker should be hung.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Thrashed.....that's probably the same word I'll be using once the talks are concluded. You only need to look at the way May and co are carrying on to date to know they are incompetent and out of their depth. Announcing their EU citizens deal and asking the EU to match it....only to then realize the EU had published theirs the previous week which did more than match is at best embarrassing and amateur.

Simply not true.
Im surprised at you believing the guff said by a few uninformed wallies that we were not even aware The EU had published their position already.
We were fully aware, The EU sent our gov a copy of their position paper on June 12th, well before we released ours on the 26th.
Its well documented and the EU position was reported on before we published ours..
Out of interest which news outlet did you get your info that we didn’t know they had already published theirs, was it German?

Maybe the amateurs running the U.K. should have spoken to him when Gina Miller took the government to court then. Could have saved the tax payer a lot of money and saved Theresa May the embarrassment. He's a cock.

It played out perfectly as far as I am concerned, We now have it set in stone to start the process of leaving the EU,we also had the added bonus on top of this vote which was the extra parliamentary vote to reject a second referendum as well. It really was in no doubt this is how the vote would turn out. Win win all around.
Give Gina a medal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here