Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Harriet Harman is Labour caretaker manager.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Absolutely this!!!, sick of lefty type actors sneering at us. I love the fact that the twitterati and social media puffs were gauging this election from online activities. The BBC fell for it. All the time there was a secret tory vote just waiting to pounce. Seeing that guardian twerp Owen snidey bollocks and kate ' I'm a feminist comedian' smurfit in total shock on tele has made my day. No body is going to listen to the bloggers any more. And don't get me started on Russell rapey Brand. Whoops, now I am sneering!!

Can't stand Owen Jones.

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I was going to vote Labour, but voted Tory, because I don't like being told what to do by the Germans.

Angela merkel will be fuming knowing big Dave will popping over with his demands, she was preying it'll be anther hung parliament.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The outspoken intellectual snobbery that comes from some (note: not all) on the left seeks to sneer at those who vote Tory. They try to paint Tory voters as stupid, nasty, selfish and/or meek sheep of billionaire media magnates. Voting Tory is presented as being unfashionable.

For most of the 80's and early 90's being selfish (or looking after number one) appeared to be a badge of honour for the right. The patrician-tory, of which I would count Cameron as one, were labelled wet. When it looked like that was no longer a vote-winner it changed. And that was a good thing.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I know, its very odd. We should have leaders who want to be the party for our whole community, we should not leave out those who cannot work, or indeed those who choose not to work.

I assumed it was a way of saying "working class" without saying the words. It does seem a non-inclusive term. If a party wants to win it needs to appeal to a broad base (I'd have thought).

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I've never been to the South coast of England and I always imagined Hove to be a posh place. How come Labour won it? Is it a bit like Hampstead, full of pampered Labour luvvies?
I'm not being funny, this is a genuine question.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here