Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 Years of North Stand Chat

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I'm guessing from your username that you're the original NSC founder then! You must be quite proud.

You are quite right. I was very proud of NSC/Seagulls Server and their involvement with creating Fans United.

I gave up the site when costs started spiralling. Fortunately @ Bozza took over and found ways of generating income to meet the running costs.

In some ways I wish I still ran the site, but when I see the hassle and libel threats Darren has from time to time I am glad I am out of it.

She is my baby and she has now left home, but I will always communicate with her and look out for her [emoji3]

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
DAFT Bints (DOSSING ALBION FANS TOGETHER - female division).

And which utter wastrel coined that fine term? Possibly my life's my finest achievement (the competition isn't exactly fierce).

I also remember someone taking slight umbrage at being called a DAFT Bint, not unreasonably, before having it explained to them.

D

Deleted User X18H

There was a summer around 2003 I think when it disappeared for months. Many likened it to the ITV strike in the late 70's.

Most when to the Brighton Fans Forum. Sat down and had a YORKIE bar.

D

Deleted User X18H

You are quite right. I was very proud of NSC/Seagulls Server and their involvement with creating Fans United.

I gave up the site when costs started spiralling. Fortunately @ Bozza took over and found ways of generating income to meet the running costs.

In some ways I wish I still ran the site, but when I see the hassle and libel threats Darren has from time to time I am glad I am out of it.

She is my baby and she has now left home, but I will always communicate with her and look out for her [emoji3]
Is this a Knight/Bloom scenario ?

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Is this a Knight/Bloom scenario ?

No I initially contacted the club during the Archer/Bellotti era, but they were more interested in trying to make money via the Seagulls Line premium phone line service.

NSC did get involved with the club during the early days at Withdean. When the first football league deal with the clubs was formed, the club earned money based on visitors so NSC was linked to the clubs official website. I cannot recall how long this lasted.

I handed over the site to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] around 2002 from memory.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
There was a summer around 2003 I think when it disappeared for months. Many likened it to the ITV strike in the late 70's.

Most when to the Brighton Fans Forum. Sat down and had a YORKIE bar.

Yep that was the summer of 2005

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I know I first encountered Seagull Server in August 1996 as it was just after the start of that season and I was actively looking for BHAFC sites (think it was the only one I found).

Can't remember when (or what) my first post on NSC was, but it wasn't that long afterwards. And yes, I was one of those guilty of posting under all manner of odd usernames in the early days - because we could.

Think "Trufflehound" was born around 1998.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here