Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Large bird

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
Did anyone else notice the big bird of prey (peregrine?) flying round the ground last night during the game? Not seen it before, but wondered if it was there for pigeon control or something? Either way, it provided a welcome distraction from the football.

Whosh51

Aug 27, 2014
We also saw it above us in the East about half way mark looked like young falcon chasing pigeons.
Better at attacking than we were.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It was flying around at the Nantes game too.

Beautiful bird.

A Peregrine Falcon getting used to his/her new home being invaded by football one would assume.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There was a Peregrine in the first couple of seasons that used to sit under the roof in the west upper. I know because I saw it on a couple of occasions when I swapped seats and sat up there. Haven't seen anyone mention it for the last couple of seasons and having done my 'tour' of the stadium I'm safely ensconced back in the North.

Good to hear it's still around though. (And fairly sure it's wild)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The club used to employ a falconer (?) to control the pigeons/seagulls. It's pretty cool if nature is providing the means now.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
There was a large bird in the WSL.
Made it quite difficult to get in and out at HT

There was a Peregrine in the first couple of seasons that used to sit under the roof in the west upper. I know because I saw it on a couple of occasions when I swapped seats and sat up there. Haven't seen anyone mention it for the last couple of seasons and having done my 'tour' of the stadium I'm safely ensconced back in the North.

Good to hear it's still around though. (And fairly sure it's wild)

"Wild, I was. Bloody furious....."

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did anyone else notice the big bird of prey (peregrine?) flying round the ground last night during the game? Not seen it before, but wondered if it was there for pigeon control or something? Either way, it provided a welcome distraction from the football.

Yes....was right above us - Peregrine Falcon. When I did the stadium tour 3 or 4 years ago there was one there, and we were told that a falconer was employed by the club to keep the seagull/pigeon population under control - be interesting to know if the one flying around last night is wild or one of his/hers.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Yes....was right above us - Peregrine Falcon. When I did the stadium tour 3 or 4 years ago there was one there, and we were told that a falconer was employed by the club to keep the seagull/pigeon population under control - be interesting to know if the one flying around last night is wild or one of his/hers.

It is a wild Peregrine that has been at the Amex for about 4 years - roosts there each night.
Sussex Peregrines keep track of the peregrines of Sussex and I know they are aware of this bird.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought most large birds were up north

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is a wild Peregrine that has been at the Amex for about 4 years - roosts there each night.
Sussex Peregrines keep track of the peregrines of Sussex and I know they are aware of this bird.

All the worries over bat/vehicle collisions in the public enquiries, and it turns out the bats are endangered by a native bird roosting at the Amex. Hopefully our peregrine sticks to pigeons.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I thought most large birds were up north

Did you mean these?

viz.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here