Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Figs, grapes and raspberries

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I've just had the first figs off the tree in the garden - lush but smaller than normal. Meanwhile, the grapes seem oddly sparse but the raspberries are rampant. Anyone else finding this? Is it the weather?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
My raspberries just boiled away in the heat (which was a shame because they had potential for once this year).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I've just had the first figs off the tree in the garden - lush but smaller than normal. Meanwhile, the grapes seem oddly sparse but the raspberries are rampant. Anyone else finding this? Is it the weather?

My raspberries just boiled away in the heat (which was a shame because they had potential for once this year).

We've had a bumper crop of blueberries, white, red and black currants together with blackberries, which are fab.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Figs and dates are the devils poop

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
We've had a bumper crop of blueberries, white, red and black currants together with blackberries, which are fab.

Forgot to mention my small but tasty blueberries. I envy your soft fruit collection. When I had an allotment, I envied one of my neighbours who had created a fruit cage over teh whole of his full-size plot, except for space for a trampoline.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Forgot to mention my small but tasty blueberries. I envy your soft fruit collection. When I had an allotment, I envied one of my neighbours who had created a fruit cage over teh whole of his full-size plot, except for space for a trampoline.

They're great in smoothies and with yoghurt etc..
But a bugger to pick :)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

There's a fig tree growing in the grounds of a house in Worthing - the branches overhang the pavement and it seems to produce figs all year round as far as I can tell :)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There's a fig tree growing in the grounds of a house in Worthing - the branches overhang the pavement and it seems to produce figs all year round as far as I can tell :)

Those could be little sacks of dog shit, try one.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
My plums look nice and plumper than usual. Must be the warm weather.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here