Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Isaac Hayden

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
This rumour is on Sky and in the Newcastle Chronicle. Says we are prepared to pay £10m. He's only 23 and played 23 games for Newcastle last season. Can play DM and CB so could be our 4th Cb/ cover for Dale and Davie. Only handed in his transfer request yesterday. Played for England U21s. Maybe the word'tenuous' should be taken off the title of the thread.

Cover at £10m ? Don't think so

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
This rumour is on Sky and in the Newcastle Chronicle. Says we are prepared to pay £10m. He's only 23 and played 23 games for Newcastle last season. Can play DM and CB so could be our 4th Cb/ cover for Dale and Davie. Only handed in his transfer request yesterday. Played for England U21s. Maybe the word'tenuous' should be taken off the title of the thread.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] Any chance of a title edit? By the time I saw the original tweet in response to a local newspaper report, the newspaper report had changed and mentioned us. Genuinely thought this was just some random mouthing off at a reporter or I wouldn't have been so coy with the title.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It seems we have been interested in him for a while, but Newcastle didn't want to sell. Now he has put a transfer request in, unless there is a bidding war, I think we could get him for less than £10m.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] Any chance of a title edit? By the time I saw the original tweet in response to a local newspaper report, the newspaper report had changed and mentioned us. Genuinely thought this was just some random mouthing off at a reporter or I wouldn't have been so coy with the title.

Not a mod any more - sorry!

Bozza can tho :wink:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Apart from Newcastle being a belting city, I’m fairly sure that the WAG of a millionaire premier league player could tolerate most areas of the country for the duration of your baby’s dad’s contract. No player would ever sign for Burnley otherwise.

Would you want your baby's formative years to be somewhere like that though? I love it up there but I wouldn't want any sprog of mine growing up speaking Geordie.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Would you want your baby's formative years to be somewhere like that though? I love it up there but I wouldn't want any sprog of mine growing up speaking Geordie.

Geordie is without doubt the best accent in the UK. I would love my kids to speak like that.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

We don't sign players as 'cover' for anybody.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Good signing but could be the end of Kayal?

He's also another player who can play about 4 positions which seems to be the current minimum.
Given that Hayden could fill Hughton's 9th defender spot in the squad, it is more likely further indication that Markus Suttner will be leaving.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Good signing but could be the end of Kayal?

He's also another player who can play about 4 positions which seems to be the current minimum.

If he signs it would give us just 4 CM’s. Can’t see that meaning the end of King Kayal. However, if Yves and Isaac sign, then maybe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If he signs it would give us just 4 CM’s. Can’t see that meaning the end of King Kayal. However, if Yves and Isaac sign, then maybe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume he means if we sign Bissouma too. I wonder if we did sign both whether it would mean Propper competes more with Gross, where he seems to play for Holland and does quite well, rather than Kayal leaving

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We must be assembling the most defenders of all clubs!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I assume he means if we sign Bissouma too. I wonder if we did sign both whether it would mean Propper competes more with Gross, where he seems to play for Holland and does quite well, rather than Kayal leaving
I'd love to see what Propper could do in a slightly more advanced role. Supposedly he used to link up very well with Locadia at PSV.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here