Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tonly Bloom libked to purchase of Belgium Pro B Club Union SG

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So what would be the benefit in doing this? Would it be a Business choice or is it a way of helping to develop our U23 players with learning to cope with a different type of league?

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
This looks like their stadium, withdean feel about it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJj5DOw-Ak

Picture is of the Heysel Stadium, so I guess this particular game may have been moved.

They play at Stade Joseph Marien, (capacity 5500) in the middle of a forest, just 10 minutes on the tram from Gare du Midi. They are known as being a quirky left wing side, a Belgian St Pauli if you like.

Last edited:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
That’s not their ground. They play at Stade Joseph Marien, in the middle of a forest, just 10 minutes on the tram from Gare du Midi. .

It's Withdean with terraces

Capture22.JPG

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
rufc 3.jpg
Front view, the ground has been used since 1919 and is one of the oldest in the Belguim League. They are a classic sleeping giant, have kept their own identity through a rash of mergers in the Belgian league. Friendly club, barman bought me a drink when I first visited, and put on a game on the video as the afternoon scheduled match had been postponed.

Interesting mural in the gents dedicted to a local working girl. It's that sort of place.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine the size of stadium Martin Perry could build on that site:-

1433285185-a-545903.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here