Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is there a more boring Premier League fixture than Huddersfield v Brighton?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
A three times champion team vs amazing us both teams play a positive play style. There are plenty of matchups that don’t feature a champion team or attractive football just lazy journalism

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
TORontos Exiled Top Seagulls - aka TORETS. (Yes, I know it’s the wrong spelling).

At least you’d have an excuse for all the swearing at the TV.

Ha, I like.

We could also go with TOronto Seagulls Supporters - TOSS

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I was invited to the worst corporate hospitality at the most boring (on paper) Premier League fixture of all time.

Wimbledon v Barnsley at Selhurst 1997 (draughty box above the sainsbury's end).

Was actually quite a good game, 4-1 Wimbledon. Crowd a huge 7,668.

PG

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I wonder at what point we start attracting randoms from other parts of the country (or the world) who see us play once or twice on TV and then decide they are Brighton fans?

We all know people who mysteriously started supporting clubs that they have no connection with (outside of the really big teams). I wonder if Brighton achieved that in 1979-83 and if we will now?
Not quite the same but a mate of my son's who he plays cricket with is now a Brighton fan. His dad is originally from Tunbridge Wells but the family are all Arsenal. The dad has always said that he "really should support Brighton" and now the son (11) has decided that he's ditched Arsenal completely to support a "proper team".

Both he and my son were in the Yorkshire U10 squad last season. 26 kids (selected from around 20,000) and two are Brighton fans who live in Sheffield. I wonder what the odds of that are.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Here in Cyprus I have been to many pubs/bars to watch the Albion games and can say that NO ONE goes to watch them. The pubs are usually full but they don't pay attention ( they may glance at the screens when someone scores). Man utd or Liverpool on the other hand......a different story.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH given the state of the matches between the big teams Man Utd vs Chelsea this weekend will probably be the most boring game of the lot

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
You could have a top 2 clash that's a bore draw, or a 17th v 18th scrap that is a captivating goal fest.

Just because the top teams have the best players, isn't a guarantee for an entertaining game. Personally, I'd rather watch 17 v 18 rather than 1 v 2.

The bottom of the table is infinitely more interesting this season.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know. I lived in Vancouver for 4 years (82-6). Early on I was invited to a student party. BYOB. It started at 5.30 (pm that is). Someone strummed an acoustic guitar and sang kumbaya-ish tunes. Everybody stuck to their own beer. At seven we all went home.

I had been used to going out clubbing in London to dodgy venues where I'd rub (padded) shoulders with the (back then) unknown George O'Dowd and Billy MacKenzie.

I nearly lost the will to live - but soon discovered CITR, the Luv Affair, and all equilibrium was restored. And skiing, of course. Can't do that in Portslade. :smokin::rock::lolol:

I miss Canada sometimes....<sigh> All the best.

Billy McKenzie, RIP, a legend.

What genre/s of music were they playing down those clubs at that time?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Ha, I like.

We could also go with TOronto Seagulls Supporters - TOSS

Toronto Official Seagulls Supporters' Player Of The Season - TOSSPOTS

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Billy McKenzie, RIP, a legend.

What genre/s of music were they playing down those clubs at that time?

McKenzie, indeed. Very sad end. Extraordinary voice and wonderful writer. He did look a bit odd in a sailor suit and French beret, it has to be said, though. ???

Heaven was playing (one night a week anyway) Peel-style stuff, Delta Five ('Delta five out of 10', as a mate of mine called them), Magazine, The Cure, Big Audio Dynamite etc; Billies (Rusty Egan DJ) was playing electronic dance music (obviously Visage, also Japan, and anything to dance to, robotically). :lolol:

I gave 'funk' a wide berth, which is one reason I avoided the Inn Place. Preferred it upstairs.... :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here