Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Win the FA Cup or stay up this season?

If you could only have one would you chose to win the FA Cup or stay up this season?

• Win the FA Cup

Votes: 152 44.8%
  • Stay up this season

Votes: 187 55.2%

• Total voters

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Staying up would mean that Albion supporters living overseas could watch them play every game.

It's been a huge privilege and joy this season for us, regardless of the individual match result.

But that's a small sacrifice to pay for the glory of Albion winning a major trophy.

Cup it is.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
FA Cup win for me.
I would like us to actually win something other than the two lower leagues, and the Charity Sheild before any of us were born.
Last season was a massive achievement and very enjoyable, but the icing on the cake would have been actually winning the Championship obviously.
Staying in the PL makes sense, but will the novelty wear off being in a relegation battle every season?

I'm pretty sure if we went down it wouldn't take us long to get promoted again.
By the way, we are not Wigan Athletic :wink: Egg chasing is more important in that town.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's really not either-or.

I go for the rebel option of both.

In truth we just need to concentrate on beating both Coventry and Swansea for now, and see where that leads us.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's really not either-or.

I go for the rebel option of both.

In truth we just need to concentrate on beating both Coventry and Swansea for now, and see where that leads us.

Agree. Both.

(cough)... but isn’t that a cop out from the question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Staying up is a rubbish ambition, although I can see why the club would want it. To win a cup, even a devalued one, would be monumental.

Fulham will always look back on their European run and Wigan their FA Cup success.

Coventry City will always look back on FA Cup glory, I'm sure? :facepalm:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Cup.

The emotions of promotion to the Premier league were incredible.
A day never to be forgotten and a season to be savoured.

But.....
Does anyone really think finishing 17th and winning 1 more season in the Prem, would be more satisfying than winning the world famous FA cup??

Seriously??

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cup.

The emotions of promotion to the Premier league were incredible.
A day never to be forgotten and a season to be savoured.

But.....
Does anyone really think finishing 17th and winning 1 more season in the Prem, would be more satisfying than winning the world famous FA cup??

Seriously??

Might not be 1 more season though, cling on here and we could establish a prolonged period in the top flight, start churning out stars from the Academy, enjoy expanding support, stronger squads, who knows, compete for a Europa League spot, future cup runs. We'll have even more chances of winning the FA cup in the future.

This season won't be our only chance for the cup, but get relegated and it could be for a long time...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Might not be 1 more season though, cling on here and we could establish a prolonged period in the top flight, start churning out stars from the Academy, enjoy expanding support, stronger squads, who knows, compete for a Europa League spot, future cup runs. We'll have even more chances of winning the FA cup in the future.

This season won't be our only chance for the cup, but get relegated and it could be for a long time...

You can tell who hasn't underwritten the club to the tune of about £30m a year.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Stay up.

Continue to strengthen the team.

Establish in the Premier League.

Sooner or later we would have an even better chance to win the cup.

Have patience. We don't need to do everything in one year.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Win FA Cup value over all rounds = 2.7 million ish then probable 1.8 for Europa cup visit
Stay up value = 128 million ish

It's a toughy .

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Voted win the cup although know the sensible choice is to stay up and build.

Making the final and not winning really wouldn't mean anything in the modern age but winning it all does. I'm also assuming while we'd have a chance to win it again if we chose to stay up, it would still be an outside shot! Even if we go down I think we'll doing things the right way and would bounce back within a year or two.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You can tell who hasn't underwritten the club to the tune of about £30m a year.

I know, we're all pretty good with the romance, sitting in our 'own' seat no matter what the cost. But don't spend £50m in a transfer window and its pitch forks and burning torches! :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Didn't do Wigan any favours, stay up all day long please.
Yes it did, they now a major trophy on their domestic honours list. Unlike us, or the Nigels for that matter.

And imagine winning a trophy before them! An additional bonus.

As for Wigan, they will probably go up this year and into the top division once again some day in the not too distant future. Football doesn't begin and end in the Premier League.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here