Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed to Reading?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Would be a shame to see him go. Can't say that I've seen much from Niasse to suggest he'd be an upgrade, and it's certainly unfair to dismiss Tomer as not up to PL standard after just 2 games, both of which were against Champions League opposition..

In short, I think it'd be a mistake to let TH go unless we are bringing in a quality replacement.

Would it not be possible to loan him out instead of getting rid?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Would be a shame to see him go. Can't say that I've seen much from Niasse to suggest he'd be an upgrade, and it's certainly unfair to dismiss Tomer as not up to PL standard after just 2 games, both of which were against Champions League opposition..

In short, I think it'd be a mistake to let TH go unless we are bringing in a quality replacement.

Would it not be possible to loan him out instead of getting rid?

Think his contract is upvat the doctor and of this season so we either sell now to optimise value or let him go for a smaller fee if we wait until January (Barnes?). Hemed believes he is up to this league so wont stay beyond his current contract if we push him out on loan now.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If we can get £5m for tomer we should Defo take it. He's in the last year of his contract and is an ok striker. Great business to make a profit on him

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He's shown over the last two years that he's not better than Championship standard. He was in a very good team for two years and one hot streak aside, he's toiled away. He's very average at Championship standard and certainly not Premier League quality.

That's the word most apt to describe Hemed: TOILER. All graft, no guile. Sadly not what we need anymore.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That's the word most apt to describe Hemed: TOILER. All graft, no guile. Sadly not what we need anymore.

Yep nowhere near good enough. 1 goal in his last 14 appearances, including championship, without being a creator is simply no good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Certainly not what is needed in a guile free team, playing guile free football.

Tomer's limitations couldn't have been highlighted more if he was playing under a neon sign saying 'no guile here'.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tomer's goal ratio in La Liga was 1 in 4 and that was when he was a younger man. The evidence is that he won't be the man to score enough to keep us up, but we should get good money for a 15 goal a season Championship striker.

He was a great signing, a top bloke but time for him to move on.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Think his contract is upvat the doctor and of this season so we either sell now to optimise value or let him go for a smaller fee if we wait until January (Barnes?). Hemed believes he is up to this league so wont stay beyond his current contract if we push him out on loan now.

Que?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Tomer's goal ratio in La Liga was 1 in 4 and that was when he was a younger man. The evidence is that he won't be the man to score enough to keep us up, but we should get good money for a 15 goal a season Championship striker.

He was a great signing, a top bloke but time for him to move on.

If Hemed can score 1 goal every 4 games for us this season - i.e. 9 goals if if plays in all 38 matches, then we would be extremely foolish to consider letting him go. I get the impression on this forum that people don't understand how difficult it is to score goals in the Premier League. I don't think we'll have a single player in double figures this season. People look at Niasse's scoring record at Hull last season (4 goals in 12 starts + 5 sub appearances), and then say that's not good enough for us. Actually, that's not a terrible record in the Premier League. People are making erroneous equivalences between goal scoring records in the Championship, because that's what we're used to, and the Premier League or other leagues. There are countless examples of players scoring 20-30 goals in the Championship, stepping up to the Premier League, and then completely flopping. Conversely, there are players with pretty average Championship records, like Jamie Vardy or Harry Kane, who have gone on to do far better in the Premier League.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
If Hemed can score 1 goal every 4 games for us this season - i.e. 9 goals if if plays in all 38 matches, then we would be extremely foolish to consider letting him go. I get the impression on this forum that people don't understand how difficult it is to score goals in the Premier League. I don't think we'll have a single player in double figures this season. People look at Niasse's scoring record at Hull last season (4 goals in 12 starts + 5 sub appearances), and then say that's not good enough for us. Actually, that's not a terrible record in the Premier League. Why are people making comparisons between goal scoring records in the Championship and the Premier League? There are countless examples of players scoring 20-30 goals in the Championship, stepping up to the Premier League, and then completely flopping. Conversely, there are players with pretty average Championship records, like Jamie Vardy or Harry Kane, who have gone on to do far better in the Premier League.

I like Hemed but he is just not Premier league standard , he is not quick enough , can't beat a man , and is not physically imposing forward , and does not score goals ,
Good Championship player

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If Hemed can score 1 goal every 4 games for us this season - i.e. 9 goals if if plays in all 38 matches, then we would be extremely foolish to consider letting him go. I get the impression on this forum that people don't understand how difficult it is to score goals in the Premier League. I don't think we'll have a single player in double figures this season. People look at Niasse's scoring record at Hull last season (4 goals in 12 starts + 5 sub appearances), and then say that's not good enough for us. Actually, that's not a terrible record in the Premier League. People are making erroneous equivalences between goal scoring records in the Championship, because that's what we're used to, and the Premier League or other leagues. There are countless examples of players scoring 20-30 goals in the Championship, stepping up to the Premier League, and then completely flopping. Conversely, there are players with pretty average Championship records, like Jamie Vardy or Harry Kane, who have gone on to do far better in the Premier League.

"When he was a year younger man" was key.

Then there's the question, outside of Real, Barca and Atletico, is La Liga of a lower standard making it easier to score 9 goals in a season there?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I like Hemed but he is just not Premier league standard , he is not quick enough , can't beat a man , and is not physically imposing forward , and does not score goals ,
Good Championship player

As implied by most post, if you want all those attributes in the Premier League you are expecting too much. That kind of player will cost 30m+. If Hemed replicates his La Liga record in the Premier League (no guarantee, not least because they are completely different leagues), then he will have done very well for us this season (if he stays) - and I would be delighted with that sort of contribution from any of our players. Scoring goals in the Premier League is HARD.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As implied by most post, if you want all those attributes in the Premier League you are expecting too much. That kind of player will cost 30m+. If Hemed replicates his La Liga record in the Premier League (no guarantee, not least because they are completely different leagues), then he will have done very well for us this season (if he stays) - and I would be delighted with that sort of contribution from any of our players. Scoring goals in the Premier League is HARD.

Absolutely. Southampton came 8th averaging just over a goal a game (41 in 38), along with Stoke, Burnley, Watford etc. We'll do well to score a similar amount....so in reality we're looking at something like one player in say mid-double figures, one on about 10, a couple on 7-8 and a few others chipping in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here