Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think it will be interesting to see how they react to such a huge loss, after all the years they have called us cheats for ours.
They are always the victims so it will be someone else's fault.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Matchday income in 2016/17 in the Championship was £10.7 million.

Attendances increased but there were four fewer matches at the Amex in the Premier League due to having fewer teams. I'd go for about £12 million.

Is in not 'wriggle' room, same place?

Feel a prat mentioning that because it was a very well presented report.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is in not 'wriggle' room, same place?

Feel a prat mentioning that because it was a very well presented report.

I'm not sure if it is wriggle or wiggle? Have changed it though! Happy to have typos spotted, no offence taken :bigwave:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Our last season in the championship we were in a position that if we didn't get promoted we would have had to cut back our spending, and start to balance the books, so we would keep within FFP.

Do palaces accounts show that they are reaching this point in the premier league?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know which league you were in. I will try again....I asked you what sort of losses you would find eye watering? £38m is that eye watering?

You need to think about affordability and relativity.

A man worth £300 would probably find losing £30 eyewatering
A man worth £3000 might find losing £300 eyewatering
A man worth, say £3 billion, having made a conscious decision to invest some of his pocket money in his boyhood club for the long term, building first class facilities etc and watching his team get to the PL might think it’s £38m well spent.

I’m sure loads of us would find it absolutely eyewatering, but luckily the only person that matters in this case doesn’t. To answer your question, what most of us find eyewatering is irrelevant.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

A man worth, say £3 billion, having made a conscious decision to invest some of his pocket money in his boyhood club for the long term, building first class facilities etc and watching his team get to the PL might think it’s £38m well spent.

I’m sure loads of us would find it absolutely eyewatering, but luckily the only person that matters in this case doesn’t. To answer your question, what most of us find eyewatering is irrelevant.

Added to which that figure is a paper loss

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

What an absolutely excellent answer.

The finances of the PL are eye watering to 99.9 % of us. I mean , Benteke on 120 grand a week, mind boggling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eloquent :bowdown:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
What sort of numbers are eye watering?

£38m or £25m? Albions last two sets of accounts. Did your eyes flow with tears of pride when you read those accounts?

I know which league you were in. I will try again....I asked you what sort of losses you would find eye watering? £38m is that eye watering?

I think, in the longer-term, a far more relevant question is what a football club uses its income and/or funding for.

Palace have now had five consecutive years in the Premier League, meaning they have had hundreds of millions of pounds of income in that period.

Albion, given last season was their first in the Premier League, have only had a fraction of that income, of course.

One of the teams has a state of the art, awarding-winning stadium; a state of the art, award-winning training facility (one of the finest in the world); and a Category One academy. The other team doesn't.

Do your eyes flow with tears of pride when you realise that Palace have sweet FA to show for the vast sums of money that have flowed through the club in recent years? Are you genuinely happy with the short-termism that seems to be redolent at the top echelons of your club?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think, in the longer-term, a far more relevant question is what a football club uses its income and/or funding for.

Palace have now had five consecutive years in the Premier League, meaning they have had hundreds of millions of pounds of income in that period.

Albion, given last season was their first in the Premier League, have only had a fraction of that income, of course.

One of the teams has a state of the art, awarding-winning stadium; a state of the art, award-winning training facility (one of the finest in the world); and a Category One academy. The other team doesn't.

Do your eyes flow with tears of pride when you realise that Palace have sweet FA to show for the vast sums of money that have flowed through the club in recent years? Are you genuinely happy with the short-termism that seems to be redolent at the top echelons of your club?

Short termism is the corner stone of CPFC2010 and will continue to be the cornerstone when it evolves through CPFC2020, CPFC2030 and into the future. They are toying with a new club motto along the lines of "restart at last save".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Our last season in the championship we were in a position that if we didn't get promoted we would have had to cut back our spending, and start to balance the books, so we would keep within FFP.

Do palaces accounts show that they are reaching this point in the premier league?
0They are fine.

All they need to do is sell Dwayne Dibley and the books will balance.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

You won't get an answer of him/her because they all spout shit and believe it as fact.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
If we had taken that view in our darkest time then there would be no BHAFC.
It’s your club, have some respect and get involved. It maybe nothing but until you ask the questions you don’t know.

Respect for what exactly?
I am concerned about many things, such as my family and providing for them, my kids education , family health etc. You know trivial little things like that.
I dont think there is anything untoward, if there is there is precisely nothing I can do.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Added to which that figure is a paper loss

We've already tried to explain depreciation to the Palace thickos on here, but it has got too many syllables for them to know what it means.
Also the value of their run down decrepit stadium couldn't depreciate any more, than it has done already.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Respect for what exactly?
I am concerned about many things, such as my family and providing for them, my kids education , family health etc. You know trivial little things like that.
I dont think there is anything untoward, if there is there is precisely nothing I can do.

You work in politics?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

You keep throwing this state of the art world class training facility at us? Remind me again how many world class players you have produced. Could you also let me know how many players who have come through your academy are at the world cup. Thanks.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

You shouldn’t overlook the artistic impression of the ‘new’ main stand that they might build. Stunning architecture and an excellent return for the 1/2 billlion revenue they’ve received since promotion to the Premier League. Progress.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here