Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Henrik Bjordal gone.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Henrik Bjordal has signed a permanent deal with Zulte Waregem.

I thought he was a good young player, maybe wanted to step up, and couldn’t with us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We simply can't develop strikers who can make the step-up. Never have.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not sure how good the Belgium League is but would have thought he could have been loaned out to Div 1 team or lower Championship team to see how he progressed, shame, good luck to him. Let’s hope Gyokeres can make the break through to the first team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Not surprised, there has been interviews with him in the past where he was expecting to be playing 1st team football. Good luck to him but he needs to step it up a bit to go from a good youngster to a pro.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As soon as we hit the PL, it instantly became more difficult for our youngsters.

Bjordal was/isvery capable, as was Dallison, but neither apparently good enough to threaten the first team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Not sure how good the Belgium League is but would have thought he could have been loaned out to Div 1 team or lower Championship team to see how he progressed, shame, good luck to him. Let’s hope Gyokeres can make the break through to the first team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Loaned to Tonys Belgian club even strange decision he hasnt been here that long.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on people, you have a lot of this coming up, please remember one simple fact:-

The Albion is now one of 'those' clubs not one of the 72 'other' clubs.

el punal

We simply can't develop strikers who can make the step-up. Never have.

Would Peter Ward have come into that category? Signed from, then non-league, Burton for £4,000(?) played in the reserves for some time, and scoring. Fred Binney was then dropped for the away game at Hereford, Wardy comes in and scores in the first minute and the rest is history.

My thoughts? It’s probably easier to develop players, especially strikers, in the lower divisions. Further up the ladder it’s a case of buying the finished product.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I watched him play a lot and he always looked a cut above. Best of luck to him, I would have loved to see him make it with us, but only a handful get the chance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here