Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I guess I'm stupid, then, and you, with a name like two professors, are obviously highly intelligent and are wonderfully suited to running the world.

I''m sure Mr Obama made those and other decisions on the spur of a moment by himself without thinking just to pi$$ people off, which is what spiteful would mean to me. maybe you have a different definition.

Thank you for your vote of confidence,but I think we should leave running the world to Trump and Putin.I think the following definition is a very good description of spiteful and fits Obama's actions to a t;
obama.jpg
Particularly 'malicious'

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
May's Brexit Speech.

"Final Brexit deal will be put to a vote in both houses of parliament"

That comment is key and a new admission from May.
Pound finding some love on FX Markets - back up to around $1.2250

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
May's Brexit Speech.

A vote at the end of the negotiations... right at the deadline for Brexit... and close to a general election... it would be a 'brave' party that voted against (unless the deal is clearly an awful failure).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
May's Brexit Speech.

Thank you Gina Miller for your efforts

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
May's Brexit Speech.

Genuinely surprised by this. Means the ruling from the Supreme Court is entirely moot now.

I'm assuming she's done this because they were likely to lose and this move puts her in as good a light as possible.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No, a vote to leave the EU did not mean leaving the Single Market.

yes it bloody well did! that for most people *is* what the EU is about, and its often refered to as "the european single market". it is what EU egislative powers are largely there to support, the movement of goods, labour and capital around a market without restriction.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Marvellous lecture, Jam Tomorrow! .... Just so long as both sides of the referendum shake hands and jolly well get on with the marvellous opportunity given to them. Nice telling off for those cheeky Europeans that might want a punitive deal for the UK, they have been warned we will go and play on our own.... so there.. BIG question is how many of all the old promises can her and her clowns deliver?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I voted to stay but now we are leaving I back TM lets get on with it.
Tim Farron is a winging Liberal and sees it a way of winning back thousand of lost votes.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I voted to stay but now we are leaving I back TM lets get on with it.
Tim Farron is a winging Liberal and sees it a way of winning back thousand of lost votes.

Farron what an idiot stating already he will vote against it. Must admit though May did seem flustered during question time.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Marvellous lecture, Jam Tomorrow! .... Just so long as both sides of the referendum shake hands and jolly well get on with the marvellous opportunity given to them. Nice telling off for those cheeky Europeans that might want a punitive deal for the UK, they have been warned we will go and play on our own.... so there.. BIG question is how many of all the old promises can her and her clowns deliver?
You told us earlier on to buy euros against sterling , euro has promptly dropped 1.5 % , and theresa may is the clown ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Genuinely surprised by this. Means the ruling from the Supreme Court is entirely moot now.

I'm assuming she's done this because they were likely to lose and this move puts her in as good a light as possible.

Its highly unlikely parliament will throw it out the final deal, but crucially we will have proper scrunity something this government has tried to thwart.

Now please cover all those unncessary legal expenses from Tory party coffers

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Youre a very good reverse indicator, sterling up 1.5 % against € and 2.5 % against the $.
Good spot! How long before it gets back to its pre referendum level?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here