Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains to Fulham - Gatwick Express

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I know there are no Southern trains, but are there Gatwick Express trains from Gatwick to Victoria ? If so would a normal travel card allow me to get ThamesLink to Gatwick from Brighton then Gatwick Express To Victoria then tube on to Putney Bridge ?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Probably easier just to get Thameslink to Blackfriars and then tube to Putney. Not always quicker but only a few minutes in it.

But yes, if you get a travelcard with no restrictions then it is valid on Gatwick Express.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
There are going to be quite a few heading back to the coast from Putney after the game.

4857ae285034a08b037cb27d149a1513.jpg

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Got Gatwick Express to Victoria for the first leg of our trip to Birmingham on Saturday. It left on time but was far from Express. Arrived half an hour later than it was due. Just to warn you!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Probably easier just to get Thameslink to Blackfriars and then tube to Putney. Not always quicker but only a few minutes in it.

But yes, if you get a travelcard with no restrictions then it is valid on Gatwick Express.
I doubt you need to worry about restrictions. I'm fairly sure they will ALL be accepted on the Gatwick Express.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
On Southern Web site for today:
Gatwick Express:
Only tickets that are normally valid for travel on Gatwick Express services can be used on the Gatwick Express network.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I know there are no Southern trains, but are there Gatwick Express trains from Gatwick to Victoria ? If so would a normal travel card allow me to get ThamesLink to Gatwick from Brighton then Gatwick Express To Victoria then tube on to Putney Bridge ?
Plenty of Southern Trains on 2nd Jan
4 an hour from Brighton to Victoria, plus Thameslinks.
Conductor strike days give a better service than non strike days from Brighton to London.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Driving up is going to be so much easier and got a parking space half a mile from the ground

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
On Southern Web site for today:
Gatwick Express:
Only tickets that are normally valid for travel on Gatwick Express services can be used on the Gatwick Express network.

I have got the Gatwick express a few times coming back from the game and on the odd occasion a gaurd has said something I've argued the point and not been charged any extra

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Bullshit , any SASTA ticket is valid
Not bullshit at all. That doesn't say that Southern tickets aren't valid on Gatwick Express - it actually doesn't say anything apart from the bleeding obvious - only tickets that are valid on GE can be used on GE.

Some tickets are "Thameslink Only". These are not valid on Gatwick Express.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Plenty of Southern Trains on 2nd Jan
4 an hour from Brighton to Victoria, plus Thameslinks.
Conductor strike days give a better service than non strike days from Brighton to London.

Now, yes. On the day ? Maybe not so many. The planner is unreliable 10 mins before the train is due, let alone 10 days !

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Not all SASTA tickets go through the Gatwick Express platform ticket barrier at Victoria. Some Travelcard-discounted tickets for example.

Would you believe it's a SASTA rip off ? There is no such train company as Gatwick Express now , it's just a brand . All it is about is trying to make mugs buy expensive tickets at the airport for no need. If the ticket doesn't go through the gate just show it and walk through

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here