Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds United (not really a match) REPORT

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can't agree with people saying we were "shit" at all. No, we showed very little flair or verve, but as said, we really didn't need to.

We were able to win comfortably whilst mindful of keeping energy in reserve for Tuesday's game - very good game management. We did exactly what was needed, no more and no less. We certainly weren't shit.

Leeds were like an angry little midget that we just lazily held at arms length all game, kicking them in the bollocks twice.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ha. Even Kalvin Phillips himself didn't contest the decision. He stopped the ball, then just sat on the goal-line, waiting for the ref to send him off!

I know that, and you know that, but, he's a Leeds fan (well, somebody has to be) so he can't/won't accept it.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I can't agree with people saying we were "shit" at all. No, we showed very little flair or verve, but as said, we really didn't need to.

We were able to win comfortably whilst mindful of keeping energy in reserve for Tuesday's game - very good game management. We did exactly what was needed, no more and no less. We certainly weren't shit.

Leeds were like an angry little midget that we just lazily held at arms length all game, kicking them in the bollocks twice.

Excellent analogy that. Wish I'd used it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Funny enough, I agree with part of those comments, Brighton were shite, well, we could have been better, luckily for Leeds, we werent better or they could have had their tales between their legs on the way home like last season.

But what all those comments missed was that we didn't need to be better, we didn't need to go gung ho, Leeds made mistakes and made it easy.

Leeds need to stop feeling sorry for themselves too, the pens were nailed on, not down to a biased ref or a corrupt F.A. just stupid defenders.

I said at the start, we were poor, however, had we missed the first pen, I bet you would have seen a very different and much better attacking performance from Brighton thereafter, we didn't because we didn't have to.

Exactly what I said elsewhere. Good game management considering the hectic Christmas period and still a long way to go. Exactly the same as March when we were 4-0 up at half time and it stayed 4-0. What's the point in pushing yourself to make it 8-0? Something some fans around me struggled to understand.

There was never any danger from Leeds, so Albion just needed to play out the game. Ah well, at least those fans took it well.

Decent reports, cheers lads.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Exactly what I said elsewhere. Good game management considering the hectic Christmas period and still a long way to go. Exactly the same as March when we were 4-0 up at half time and it stayed 4-0. What's the point in pushing yourself to make it 8-0? Something some fans around me struggled to understand.

There was never any danger from Leeds, so Albion just needed to play out the game. Ah well, at least those fans took it well.

Decent reports, cheers lads.

Whilst I 100% understand your points, and indeed agree, I'm not sure your example of last season's match works. If we HAD won that 8-0 we'd have been promoted...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Whilst I 100% understand your points, and indeed agree, I'm not sure your example of last season's match works. If we HAD won that 8-0 we'd have been promoted...

That's a good point. But my thinking related to THIS match was that IF we had gone all out to get an 8-0 result, it would have required more effort, which means we may have lost or drawn games that we won in the run-in due to player fatigue, possible injuries, etc, etc.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's a good point. But my thinking related to THIS match was that IF we had gone all out to get an 8-0 result, it would have required more effort, which means we may have lost or drawn games that we won in the run-in due to player fatigue, possible injuries, etc, etc.
Same as Bristol really. Get ahead, kill it off and coast through avoiding too much effort or injury. Think we'd better get used to it.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Same as Bristol really. Get ahead, kill it off and coast through avoiding too much effort or injury. Think we'd better get used to it.

Exactly right.

EFFICIENCY is the watchword.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Hope so. It'll make for a slightly less stressful end to the season than the last one. I watched part of the interview with Gary Monk and he said he knew Brighton were going to attack hard in the first 20 minutes and it was important to get through that period unscathed. Makes sense to me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

At the time I made an analogy between such a professional performance and Mr Hughton, it would seem I'm not the only one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here