Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you like your first name? Would you change it, if you could?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Im not a fan of my christian name, however pointless changing it as everyone calls me Marshy anyway.

I have long standing friends of over 15 years, and Im pretty sure they dont know my christian name....

Yep i know there are people who ownly know me by my nickname and have never known my first name.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My name is Greg. It's short for Gregory. I hate my name. The only person who calls me Gregory is my mum when she is annoyed or telling me off!
Thanks for the heads-up Gregory.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My names Richard, didn't like it when I was a boy. But it seems okay to me now, other than when people call me 'Dick' as appropriate as it might be!
That must be so annoying Dick[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hated my first name for no good reason why I was under 5. Then a school mate started using a diminuitive version, that stuck for 7 years, which is how all my old Brighton mates from school days (and my brothers) know me. But when I moved to Canada I was rechristened because the English diminutive of my name that I had become used to is almost unknown there. When I came back to the UK the second version had stuck. So now I have two separate lots of people who know me by a different name. I think [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] has almost an identical experience, except his and my first names are not the same.

If I had reason to change my name, I think I'd go for Luke Morningstar (or Lucifer, for short).

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have never understood this modern fade for spelling Mark with a C rather than a K.

I always thought that it was the late Marc Bolan who started the fad of spelling it with a C, Probably because he was the first person I came across who spelt it that way,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I always thought that it was the late Marc Bolan who started the fad of spelling it with a C, Probably because he was the first person I came across who spelt it that way,

The French spell Marc with a C, and it can be short for Marcus.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When I was adopted my Mum tried to change my first name to Kevin. She wasn't allowed too. She was pretty intuitive, but a Kevin I am not.

I got to choose my last name when I was christened at four.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I didn't like my first name much so I use my middle name - there's nothing stopping anyone doing that. Two of my friends also use their middle names, it's more common than you think, look at our politicians: Harold Wilson, Gordon Brown and Boris Johnson all eschewed their first names

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here