Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket sales for this season?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Profit from catering goes to Sodexo, and they've already paid for their contract.

Wrong. The profit from catering is shared between the club and the catering contractor and is a significant revenue stream for the club.

Why do you think the club are so keen for us to buy on site?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok so taking Sidcup seqgull's £5, that's £2.50 per game. That is spend, not profit.

Of course, the club shop will make a lot more profit.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
You have to remember that although some season tickets are not renewed, many of these supporters will still turn up to some games so you should factor that in

absolutely this. i live a fair distance away and struggled to see all the games so have let ST go. I also want to move around the ground a bit so i am sure i will spend as much if not more during the course of the season. it wasn't sold out for a play-off semi so probably ok to get a ticket for most games

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Minus, of course, 17.5% VAT, and 50 odd pounds? for the 'transport levy' - which will all take off almost £150 of that £500 for the club.

Does the transport levy depend on how many season tickets are sold? - Is the levy charged on a game by game basis or is it agreed at the beginning of each season? ???

A bit higher than that pal.

The club accounts for 2012/13 show that the catering income received equates to £2.94 per person, per game. This figure disregards the attendance at any play-off, cup or friendly games having been determined by dividing the gross income by the cumulative attendance at FL games.
On the same basis, and also ignoring non-matchday and on-line sales, the income received from retail operations equates to £2.27 per person per game.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
The club accounts for 2012/13 show that the catering income received equates to £2.94 per person, per game. This figure disregards the attendance at any play-off, cup or friendly games having been determined by dividing the gross income by the cumulative attendance at FL games.
On the same basis, and also ignoring non-matchday and on-line sales, the income received from retail operations equates to £2.27 per person per game.

So we are not eating enough pies then?

True but if something is sold for £120 the VAT element is £20 or just less than 17% of the selling price.

Whether VAT is 17.5% or 20% (but it is 20%), it's not "minus 20%" which would be 1/5 of gross revenue going to HMRC in VAT.

Instead it's 20/120 or 1/6 of gross revenue ending up with HMRC in VAT.

This makes a £m difference on income of £25m.

If you check I wasn't commenting on the proportion which affects our income I was replying to the poster who said VAT was 17.5%.

0 Thumbs Down! Thumbs Up!
Quote Originally Posted by Creaky View Post
True but if something is sold for £120 the VAT element is £20 or just less than 17% of the selling price.
Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
Whether VAT is 17.5% or 20% (but it is 20%), it's not "minus 20%" which would be 1/5 of gross revenue going to HMRC in VAT.

Instead it's 20/120 or 1/6 of gross revenue ending up with HMRC in VAT.

This makes a £m difference on income of £25m.
If you check I wasn't commenting on the proportion which affects our income I was replying to the poster who said VAT was 17.5%.
:moo:

TYPICAL THE BOAT STARTS TAKING IN WATER AND NSC SPEND THE NEXT FEW HOURS DECIDING WHAT TRUNKS TO PUT ON:facepalm:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Arguing about numbers is just too boring.

You've only included catering in the above.
Add Match-Day programs and Merchandise (not including clothing).

The bottom line is, there is a big loss from non-returning season ticket holders.
£120,000.00 (conservative) £175,000.00 (average) per 1000.

Get in touch with BHA's financial analyst.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Arguing about numbers is just too boring.

You've only included catering in the above.
Add Match-Day programs and Merchandise (not including clothing).

The bottom line is, there is a big loss from non-returning season ticket holders.
£120,000.00 (conservative) £175,000.00 (average) per 1000.

Get in touch with BHA's financial analyst.

Assuming the seats don't sell anyway.......a few good results and some goals, and the day trippers will be there - probably paying more and spending more than the STHs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here