Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North korea makes statement to the US and Japan

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's hard to predict whether Kim Jong Un is really serious or not about using nuclear weapons.

My feeling is that he probably isn't, and this is pure posturing on his part.

What is worrying is how the arguments for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea are stacking up for Donald Trump.

Nothing would "Make America Great Again" like putting the North Koreans back in their box and showing the world who is boss, especially as North Korea are totally isolated with the UN Security Council united in sanctions and in their condemnation of North Korea's words and deeds.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What is worrying is how the arguments for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea are stacking up for Donald Trump.
A pre-emptive strike is probably not possible.

Nothing would "Make America Great Again" like putting the North Koreans back in their box and showing the world who is boss
And how will it look on the US if they attack NK and NK flattens Seoul and nukes Japan?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
NK know that them launching a nuclear strike on anyone will result in their total destruction. As a state, they're mental - but not that mental. I think Kim just wants the world to acknowledge that NK are one of the power players in world affairs, and the best way of doing that is this attempt to strike fear into everyone else. When it boils down to it, they don't have any true allies that they can rely on. China has been something of an 'ally' in the past, but their recent economic success is based on the Asian region being stable - NK's posturing is harming that, so I can't see them stepping in that much to help them.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If only a chinwag around a table over a skinny latte and a plate of custard cremes always worked...it takes two to tango.

It takes rational, logical persons to reach an agreement where we all roll off into the hills sewing daisies into each others hair and laughing gaily about summer meadows and ginger ale.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It just needs the Russians and Chinese to tell Kim Jong Un that he's been a very naughty boy. Trouble is they won't. I think they just like sitting back to see what happens and take advantage as appropriate.
Any country that has its massed ranks of troops parading up and down with a bunch of rockets suitable for firing nuclear warheads is dangerous - Thank God Hitler didn't have any or none of us would be here and we wouldn't be in the Premier League!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It sounds like he has taken Japan as hostage with the demand for the US and South Korea to pull out of military exercises together in the area. It would be a travesty for Japan to get nuked for a third time, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
It just needs the Russians and Chinese to tell Kim Jong Un that he's been a very naughty boy. Trouble is they won't. I think they just like sitting back to see what happens and take advantage as appropriate.
Any country that has its massed ranks of troops parading up and down with a bunch of rockets suitable for firing nuclear warheads is dangerous - Thank God Hitler didn't have any or none of us would be here and we wouldn't be in the Premier League!

This.

Russia and China conspicuous by their lack of intervention. If things do escalate it will be more down to what certain national leaders DIDN'T do to avoid carnage rather than just blaming it on Trump or the Japanese for their stance. The once firm allies of NK need to get their collective shite together pronto instead of warming up the pop-corn and enjoying the show.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The DPRK Twitter account is well worth following. These gems are just from today.

[tweet]908355191455576065[/tweet]

[tweet]908357708243501062[/tweet]

[tweet]908334174913822726[/tweet]

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

The US are putting sanctions on Russia on a daily basis so why would they do the US any favours. Russia and China don't want the US in the China sea anymore than Kim does anyway.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i recall the Russin and Chinese did side against NK in the last UN statement after the missle the other week. as things stand, China backs NK if they are attacked but not if they make a pre-emptive strike. so all this posturing is really just that, because if NK shots first they lose their only ally and get bombed to the stone age.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This could be young kim's suicide note. Eventually someone will have to do something, my money is on China, a swift " Decapitation " of the upper echelon of NK should be well within their means.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Its not just the nuclear arms we should be concerned about but what about their huge conventional forces? If sanctions really do begin to bite then how will the North Korean's supply and feed the army? They could be forced into preemptive action against South Korea and then knows what might happen then especially for Seoul as the South Korean capital is rather near the border!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here