NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Last edited:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Excellent summary.

I would add that the excellence of Murray, the arrival of Duffy and the emergence of Sidwell (as a genuine replacement and or starter ahead of Kayal) has DRIVEN every other player to deliver like never before.

For me this impact is typified no better than Uwe whoI nearly voted for as my player of the season such as his performances have been.

His time on the sidelines has clearly had such an impressive impact on him. Yes he had previously appeared capable last season but to bide your time like he did and take the opportunity of Duffy's injury like he has and come out perform better than anyone could have expected takes courage, drive and determination.

He clearly spent his time on the side studying the English game, watching how to defend in this league and I believe through copying Duffy's never say die, won't be beaten attitude he has managed that very rare feat of retraining himself outside his natural game to come in and not only steady, but perhaps better an already bloody impressive defence.

This team has something you can't coach or buy in a bottle and for that we must do all we can as a club not to lose a single one of these heroes and only look to add players who have the right stuff.

Even if you weren't an Albion fan you'd be hard pushed to not be impressed with us this year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Excellent summary.

I would add that the excellence of Murray, the arrival of Duffy and the emergence of Sidwell (as a genuine replacement and or starter ahead of Kayal) has DRIVEN every other player to deliver like never before.

For me this impact is typified no better than Uwe whoI nearly voted for as my player of the season such as his performances have been.

His time on the sidelines has clearly had such an impressive impact on him. Yes he had previously appeared capable last season but to bide your time like he did and take the opportunity of Duffy's injury like he has and come out perform better than anyone could have expected takes courage, drive and determination.

He clearly spent his time on the side studying the English game, watching how to defend in this league and I believe through copying Duffy's never say die, won't be beaten attitude he has managed that very rare feat of retraining himself outside his natural game to come in and not only steady, but perhaps better an already bloody impressive defence.

This team has something you can't coach or buy in a bottle and for that we must do all we can as a club not to lose a single one of these heroes and only look to add players who have the right stuff.

Even if you weren't an Albion fan you'd be hard pushed to not be impressed with us this year.

What's been really impressive about the defence is how few goals we've conceded considering the amount of player turnover. We haven't once had a steady back four. We seem to have changed left back every game, had Bruno at CB, had Bruno injured and Tomori play everywhere. A steady defence has not been an ingredient but the character shown by those coming in - my word. Uwe, Tomori, Pocognoli, all of them. I'd love us to sign the last two and see Uwe feature as a squad player next season.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think what your excellent piece boils down to is that pretty much everything, on and off the pitch, has come together and not by accident but by design.

Hopefully it’s not a case of a perfect storm, soon to be all over, but can be built on. I suspect for the reasons it has come about in the first place means that it will continue.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
I think what your excellent piece boils down to is that pretty much everything, on and off the pitch, has come together and not by accident but by design.

IMO that's exactly right, I just took a long time saying it :lolol:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

Hopefully it’s not a case of a perfect storm, soon to be all over, but can be built on. I suspect for the reasons it has come about in the first place means that it will continue.

Perfect storm is not in my mind. I think that the way the club recruits new players and trains young players through the academy has given us the most valuable resource in football, good players. The set up now is a dream IMHO, CH is perfect for the job at hand but the set up behind him gives me a lot of confidence should he move on. We are no one trick pony and TB has invested in, and developed the club, for long term tenancy in the PL. UTA.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good, off the BHA pitch, analysis and incredible effort after the amount of drinking that you must have consumed before writing.
You write better than you run! :lol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
A brilliant piece of writing. Really enjoyed reading that. Very well done.

Thank you :)

Good, off the BHA pitch, analysis and incredible effort after the amount of drinking that you must have consumed before writing.
You write better than you run! :lol:

Wouldn't be hard, hb&b writes better than I run at the moment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here