Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well played Lincoln and thank you för making the FA Cup great agâin

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Very much so. I believe it is for the best, though I see it as a shame others are so short-sighted.

Don't see why you are getting on your high horse and slagging off others that are not happy with the result today.
I want Albion to WIN every game, others also feel the same.

We have lost to a non league team that lost to Whitehawk last season FFS.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why do you hate 'these' threads?

I rëckon it was only about 25 years ago that I went there to see us, first game of the season.

Think we lost 2 - 0 but were class, ending up winnng the league.

I love going to proper clubs and having beers with their supporters.

Remember ẅhen we were in Lincoln City's position?

There it is again. Edit found it 00/01 season.
So that's twice we've been beaten by Lincoln at Sincell Bank, then gone on to be promoted that season. It's an omen, I tell ya.

A few years ago, we knocked Man City out of the League cup. Their supporters were great, said we deserved it and praised us. Surely, we can be just as magnanimous.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
There it is again. What season was that, please?

A few years ago, we knocked Man City out of the League cup. Their supporters were great, said we deserved it and praised us. Surely, we can be just as magnanimous.

I reckon 25?

I'll change that to 16 years ago.

I won enough money on a bet f us winning to take my family to Greece for 2 weeks.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Don't see why you are getting on your high horse and slagging off others that are not happy with the result today.
I want Albion to WIN every game, others also feel the same.

We have lost to a non league team that lost to Whitehawk last season FFS.

[emoji106][emoji106] I'm gonna go away and do something more productive now. This thread has reminded me how 'different' we all are and that you're much better off talking 'football' face to face down the pub. There's nowhere near as much 'bollocks' spoken when you're face to face with people. Goodnight all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
You can put in an honest shift but still make mistakes. It's called being human.

Not to sure work rate (honest shift?) is all that matters, I think attitude about the game matters, the FA Cup always shows this up, Liverpool today, Spurs were close to it and obviously Newcastle, and i'm sure others (not seen all the other results yet) this business of playing a basic second team in these situations, in my opinion is disgusting, people pay very good money to go to these games, the club and players should reflect that, in my opinion. I watched todays game on a stream, I struggle with "an honest shift" and "being human" and bearing in mind most of these players earn in one month what the average wage earner (fan / supporter) gets in a year, Attitude and effort is what is required.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not to sure work rate (honest shift?) is all that matters, I think attitude about the game matters, the FA Cup always shows this up, Liverpool today, Spurs were close to it and obviously Newcastle, and i'm sure others (not seen all the other results yet) this business of playing a basic second team in these situations, in my opinion is disgusting, people pay very good money to go to these games, the club and players should reflect that, in my opinion. I watched todays game on a stream, I struggle with "an honest shift" and "being human" and bearing in mind most of these players earn in one month what the average wage earner (fan / supporter) gets in a year, Attitude and effort is what is required.

Ok so an own goal by a teenager who's just arrived at the club is down to attitude? You surprise me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I reckon 25?

I'll change that to 16 years ago.

I won enough money on a bet f us winning to take my family to Greece for 2 weeks.

Ah ha, read my post just two earlier x

Yes, I checked it on Head to Head and edited my post too.

It seems like getting beaten by Lincoln is a good omen. Champions in 2001, and promoted via the playoffs in 2004.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Why do you hate 'these' threads?

I rëckon it was only about 25 years ago that I went there to see us, first game of the season.

Think we lost 2 - 0 but were class, ending up winnng the league.

I love going to proper clubs and having beers with their supporters.

Remember ẅhen we were in Lincoln City's position?

Sure. I just think it is patronising to think they need our congratulations.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Ok so an own goal by a teenager who's just arrived at the club is down to attitude? You surprise me.

To be honest , I'm not (because I can't ...for good reason) dissect the game kick by kick, minute by minute, my post was meant to reflect the fact that so many teams treat the FA Cup with scant regard, I dislike the fact that teams / players go into these type of games with a poor attitude.....Example: Oh its only Lincoln / Wolves etc etc (history can say the rest) The paying fans are still paying the "first rate prices" in regards to tickets and travel expenses, I just think the clubs / players attitude should shape up a lot more.

Sorry but I cant do a kick by kick of the game as I did have it on a stream but was not constantly watching it, for good reason :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be honest , I'm not (because I can't ...for good reason) dissect the game kick by kick, minute by minute, my post was meant to reflect the fact that so many teams treat the FA Cup with scant regard, I dislike the fact that teams / players go into these type of games with a poor attitude.....Example: Oh its only Lincoln / Wolves etc etc (history can say the rest) The paying fans are still paying the "first rate prices" in regards to tickets and travel expenses, I just think the clubs / players attitude should shape up a lot more.

Sorry but I cant do a kick by kick of the game as I did have it on a stream but was not constantly watching it, for good reason :thumbsup:

The fans had a choice whether to go or not. I think most of us knew that we weren't going all out to win today. At least I thought we wouldn't. I didn't watch the stream, I listened to R5.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Sure. I just think it is patronising to think they need our congratulations.

It really wasn't meant to be patronising, whatsoever.

There is no difference to Lincoln supporters änd us.

I remember our magic days in both cups and just want to say, PARTY ON LINCOLN.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You can be embarrassed if you like. I'm going with pragmatism.

Lincoln played to their strengths and we gifted them two goals. Didn't see what happened for the pen but people around me said it looked dodgy.

Good day out, cracking set of fans they've got and let's not forget, we're stil top of the f**king league. That's what matters.

This. First half we battled well and showed glimpses of the supposed gulf in class, deservedly went in ahead. Second, we made things difficult for ourselves lumping the ball about like they did plus failing to keep the ball and decided to gift them three goals. Our first team would have obliterated them but fair play their support was tremendous even after going behind.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
The FA cup is never going to be the same some many clubs don't care anymore and that includes us im afraid

The game is just not like it was in the 80's. The FA Cup is a distraction. Unless they make it actually worth a clubs time to take part, then it will forever be a mickey mouse cup.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Stopped us playing football, when?

Watched second half on a decent stream and they were by far the better side.

They didn't allow us any time on the ball at the back and we never got our game together, that's credit to Lincoln, but not conducive to a good footballing team, we were poor at the back, that's what cost us today.

Take out all the cock ups for the three goals which gifted them, did Ankergran(dad) make a save?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well done to Lincoln.

For us now it's all about moving on and bouncing back with an excellent result at Huddersfield.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
They didn't allow us any time on the ball at the back and we never got our game together, that's credit to Lincoln, but not conducive to a good footballing team, we were poor at the back, that's what cost us today.

Take out all the cock ups for the three goals which gifted them, did Ankergran(dad) make a save?[/QUOTE]

Nope, but wish he had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here