Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard SIGNS on LOAN

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Glad you're happy. Could we have afforded him if we hadn't got £800k for Barnes though? ;)

Did he say he was delighted when Nathan told him?

no I doubt it
its what is called keeping your cards close to your chest
I am sure he will do the job
gtfi

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Isn't he a winger though rather than the striker some on here are clamouring for?

Oe of the best players in the Championship this season, but he is more of a right winger to me.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's ridiculous really how much this news has changed my mood. My Albion mojo has been somewhat meh for a while, but we sign a 21 year old that I've never heard of and suddenly I'm full of the joys of spring! As I say - ridiculous!

I know it's poor form to quote your own post, but forgive me just this once. I just feel that this doesn't really capture how I feel. This is closer:

:clap::clap::O:banana::clap2::drink::albion2::clap2:

There, I feel better now. Please carry on.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
"The moment I heard Nathan Jones was at the club I just couldn't say no".

Love it.

Also:

"I like the way they play attractive football, the way it's meant to be played. I'm looking forward to helping the club achieve a play-off spot and hopefully promotion. The loan has come at the right time for me. The fact that the club had an unexpectedly good cup run meant that they could pay all my wages and more than any other club offered".

Maybe the last sentence won't actually appear in print.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Why he picked us over other Championship sides?

I expect he'll say the same as all the other loaness we bring in.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
By ONE Man Utd fan anyway.

Palace seem to have done remarkably well getting 4 times as much for him as we did for Liam Bridcutt.

Big difference though, wingers have always attracted bigger transfer fees than defensive midfielders. Although admittedly, four times as much?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Most exciting signing since Vicente. I watched his Man Utd / Birmingham goal highlights and it was basically Thierry Henry with a hint of Jermain Defoe.

Yesterday I was gutted that we'd missed out on Connor Wickham, and I still believe Leeds have got a great player there but fair play to Burke - this lad could be a game-changer. The challenge for Oscar is to fit the other players around him. I fancy he'll be on the left of a front three, so bad news for Rodriguez and KLL.

It's going to be hard to manage expectation when the lad was Man Utd's top scorer on their pre-season tour.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Great. Someone called Jesse playing for Brighton.

Couldn't make it up.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
All this hype about him will probably turn out being a flop.

What are we suppose to be watching?

Didn't we get a Man City player on loan and what happend to him?

When we signed Razak all wifes and girlfriends went without sex for a month then it was 3 times a night when they found out he was rubbish.

Why he picked us over other Championship sides?

I expect he'll say the same as all the other loaness we bring in.

Something tells me you're not excited by this Under 21 capped English striker who's currently top scorer for United's U21s and who scored 4 goals on his debut for Birmingham earlier this season.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Most exciting signing since Vicente. I watched his Man Utd / Birmingham goal highlights and it was basically Thierry Henry with a hint of Jermain Defoe.

Yesterday I was gutted that we'd missed out on Connor Wickham, and I still believe Leeds have got a great player there but fair play to Burke - this lad could be a game-changer. The challenge for Oscar is to fit the other players around him. I fancy he'll be on the left of a front three, so bad news for Rodriguez and KLL.

It's going to be hard to manage expectation when the lad was Man Utd's top scorer on their pre-season tour.

- Linguard - Ulloa - Rodriguez -

*frap frap frap*

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Seeing as Moyes is cocking everything else up at Old Trafford, what is the chance of Janusaj turning up instead of Lindgard

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
But he only scored 2 in 12 for Birmingham because the debut 4 doesn't count for some reason, why are you all getting so excited!!! :jester:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Can't imagine he will play as a winger considering we already have Buckley, Dave, Rodriguez, LuaLua, March and Orlandi as wide choices. Think he'll play as a CAM/shadow striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here