Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] March. COME ON ALBION!

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Don't forget to factor in the rearranged fixture vs Blackburn (Oh, and a 6th round tie vs Sunderland............)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
15 points is very achievable.

Millwall V Brighton WIN
Brighton V Reading DRAW
Brighton V QPR DRAW
Bolton V Brighton DRAW
Brighton V Ipswich WIN
Sheff Wed V Brighton WIN
Brighton V Middlesbrough WIN

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I am not being reactionary. I was actually very patient with the guy. My opinion on him throughout September, October and November was that he wasn't in form, but we had seen last season how good he can be so we should bear with him. However, it is now almost March and you can still count on one hand how many good performances he's produced, and still have fingers left over, so it's a vote of no-confidence from me now. His season just hasn't been anywhere even close to good enough for a player of his experience or a club of our standing.

Just how long do you think we are supposed to wait for him to come good? Surely 30 games is enough?

Of course it's reactionary, he's featured in 28 of our 31 league games, we're currently lying just shy of the play-off's. If you're going to state 'he shouldn't be anywhere near our team' to him, then you've got to apply that to a fair few of the other players in our squad.

The guy is a craftsmen, and through no fault of his, or Oscar's for that matter, injuries and suspensions have meant our natural play has often been stifled and not as fluent as last season.

It was fluent for much of Saturday, especially first half and it was no coincidence that Lopez had a much better game. It also clicked against Leicester and Birmingham, again 2 further games he was much better in. If our confidence as a team grows and we start to keep the ball better and pass more fluently, he and Orlandi will start to shine again.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Milwall-WIN
Reading-WIN
QPR-DRAW
Bolton-DRAW
Ipswih-DRAW
Sheff W- LOSE
Boro- Win

Decent 12 points

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Blackburn away will get slotted in there somewhere too. Including that, can't see much beyond 15 points even at my most optimistic ... but never say never!!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He wasn't absolutely superb. He played reasonably well for 45 minutes, then went missing until he got subbed. Let's not pretend it was like having Ronaldo on the right wing. It was also only his third decent performance of a terrible season in which he has consistently under-performed. And it is hardly surprising people are quick to get on his back, as despite playing badly he shows time and again he is not willing to put his body in where it hurts to at least help the team physically.

There is no reason to have Lopez anywhere near our team. He has had dozens of chances and squandered almost every one. His continued inclusion is the ONLY thing I have against Oscar this season.

I agree up to a point. I think he probably was man of the match against Wigan, but he certainly wasn't absolutely suburb!, and that doesn't really say a lot for the other players. Bruno and Ince ran him close.

I know he has it in him to be an integral part of the team though, as his performances in the second half of last season showed. But oh, if only he could/would tackle!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I know people are rightly down on our chances right now, but look at the fixture list next month:

Millwall V Brighton Sat 1 Mar 15:00
Brighton V Reading Sat 8 Mar 15:00
Brighton V QPR Tue 11 Mar 19:45
Bolton V Brighton Sat 15 Mar 15:00
Brighton V Ipswich Sat 22 Mar 15:00
Sheff Wed :lolol: V Brighton Tue 25 Mar 19:45
Brighton V Middlesbrough Sat 29 Mar 15:00

Looking at those fixtures individually, I think we could win every single one of them. Even the toughest game on paper looks winnable as QPR have gone to pot for some reason. And the two toughest opponents on paper are both home matches.

21 points up for grabs right there. Get a decent backup striker in and I honestly think we could get 19 points there - shades of us under Poyet in the title winning season, so we all know it's possible.

Oh come on, QPR are in a bad run because they're down to the bare bones.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Wasn't it our last season at Withdean when we won all eight games in March?

Another one of those please.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'd be happy with 14 points [ave 2 per game] from those 7 fixtures.
But more critically we must take all THREE against Reading and not let Ipswich beat us,
As others have said, Blackburn will slot in there somewhere and that's another must NOT lose fixture if we are to stop them leapfrogging us.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That's a lot of pressure for the young man
solly-p229-898599_231x264.jpg

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
15 points is very achievable.

Millwall V Brighton WIN
Brighton V Reading DRAW