Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crystal Palace open up Selhurst Park for Emergency Accommodation

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
So Palace are opening up parts of Selhurst as Emergency Accommodation for Rough Sleepers in their area.

In what promises to be another savage winter should the Albion be doing the same? There's a lot of space at the Amex that could be utilised

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So Palace are opening up parts of Selhurst as Emergency Accommodation for Rough Sleepers in their area.

In what promises to be another savage winter should the Albion be doing the same? There's a lot of space at the Amex that could be utilised

Fair play to Palace.

The Albion through AITC could (possibly do, for all I know) help fund initiates in the town centre, but the Amex location means that its no use in itself. Not many rough sleepers in Falmer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Well there's 648 sq. yds of unused, empty space in the opposition penalty area.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surely the homeless can find somewhere better than that rat-infested slum to kip down in

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Interviewed at the ground "We are lost, hapless and have no direction. Any help we can get would be greatly appreciated".

Then the players left, and preparations were made for supplying the emergency accommodation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well there's 648 sq. yds of unused, empty space in the opposition penalty area.
Crank up the undersoil heating and that'll be lovely.

Although it could be a bit Guantanamo if the big lights are on.

Surely the homeless can find somewhere better than that rat-infested slum to kip down in
Nah it's at Selhurst not the kitchen at the training 'complex'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Crank up the undersoil heating and that'll be lovely.

Although it could be a bit Guantanamo if the big lights are on.

Nah it's at Selhurst not the kitchen at the training 'complex'.

Would YOU trust the catering at Selhurst after that little fiasco at the training ground ? If they're happily feeding mouse droppings to their own players, I can't imagine them being overly bothered about what they feed to the Balaclava Brigade and the rest of the goon squad.

"Hey mate...do you want to kip down at Selhurst Park ?"
"Err...well......mmmnah, you're alright. I've got a bus shelter in Norwood sorted for tonight. Cheers anyway though".

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Where? And why emergency?
It's one of the lounges that's being used, and it's an emergency shelter as it will only be used when the temperature drops below zero. BBC has more details. Apparently it can take 10, which isn't an awful lot but I suppose not all of the spaces at the stadium are easy to heat etc...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They opened up Brighton Centre last winter and hardly anyone used it
St Peters church combined with Emmanuel Church also run a night shelter.

was going to say, the facilities exist and available, for some they dont want to use for many complex reasons. last week on TV someone following rough sleepers in Liverpool, asked one why not using a hostel and he said doesn't want to be with drunks and violence there. i assume you cant drink and violent people are ejected, but he wont go there out of fear of this.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yes, but if they declare Zaha's morning evacuation an emergency then we'll all be in trouble.

(in case you didn't notice that was another euphemism for shitting)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here