Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Another One Added To The Fold (?)

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
A tale of three

Son 1..first game at Withdean burst into tears at the roar when we scored.

Son 2..first game at Gillingham..after the players disappeared after the warm-up said "that was good dad, can we go now and have McDonalds?"

Son 2..first game at Withdean..won 4-0..when back home concerned Mum asked him how he got on..."it was great we won 4-0" "Who were you playing?" "I dunno but they were shit and they knew they were!"

Son 3 first away game at Brentford. Halfway through first half "Dad I need a poo!" Took him to the ladies as thought it stood more chance of there being loo roll.

Oh the memories.

el punal

You should be proud that Poppy holds her Gumps in such high regard that she wants to spend her special day doing what you love to do. And you clearly are.

7 is the perfect age, old enough to concentrate and take it in: young enough to be awestruck by the view of the green baize and activity from WSU. My advice would be to try and film her reaction when she emerges into the stand for the first time. I still have that firmly in my mind's eye when I went to the Goldstone age 7, clutching my Dad's hand in 1971. As a now empty-nester with 3 fanatical Albion sons but no sign of grand-kids yet, I am proper jealous! Enjoy a special day.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that! :kiss:

I think I’m covering all the bases on the interest front. A trip to the club shop pre/post match, sweets, fizzy drinks, photo with Gully (if poss), point out all the loonies in the West Upper and I’m the founding member! iPad or reading material to hand. All this I learnt when I took Poppy’s elder brother to his first game four years ago.

Next thing on the agenda is to sort out friendly female fan/steward(ess) to take care of the pee breaks!

And, yes, I am immensely proud that Poppy has decided that she wants to go with me to her first game. Still, my conversion success in getting more Albion fans on board is not bad - my wife, both our daughters, both our sons-in-law, and our two grandchildren, I hope you’re reading this, Paul Barber! :cheers:

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
A tale of three

Son 1..first game at Withdean burst into tears at the roar when we scored.

Son 2..first game at Gillingham..after the players disappeared after the warm-up said "that was good dad, can we go now and have McDonalds?"

Son 2..first game at Withdean..won 4-0..when back home concerned Mum asked him how he got on..."it was great we won 4-0" "Who were you playing?" "I dunno but they were shit and they knew they were!"

Son 3 first away game at Brentford. Halfway through first half "Dad I need a poo!" Took him to the ladies as thought it stood more chance of there being loo roll.

Oh the memories.

:bowdown::

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Oh the memories.

Can relate to that one. Leeds away, on the way in I say "Do you need to go for a wee before it starts?"

Son - age 6 "No I'm fine"

"Are you sure because once it starts I'm going to be really annoyed if you need to go and we miss a goal or something?"

"No Dad, I definitely don't need to go, I'll be fine"

8 minutes in.... "Dad, I need a wee"

"Oh FFS, are you desperate?"

"Yes, sorry"

"Ok, ok never mind, let's be really quick...."

You can guess the rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here