Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] He’s gone.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Hasn't one of your baiters been shown the door? You'd be surprised how much it enfuriates the nobbers to be put on ignore :rolleyes:.....and also, you wouldn't try discussing avian welfare with the cat so why try talking sense with trolls???

All the best.

It would be fun to know the league table for those with the most Ignores. A bit like the annual league table for the most number of posts that Bozza usually puts up at this time of year. Failing that we could do a poll.......

Btw I’ve yet to put anyone on ignore

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It would be fun to know the league table for those with the most Ignores. A bit like the annual league table for the most number of posts that Bozza usually puts up at this time of year. Failing that we could do a poll.......

Btw I’ve yet to put anyone on ignore

Pure unadulterated laziness. :rolleyes:

Yes. This thread is USELESS without a poll.:lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is rather pathetic, I agree. Luckily for me I have rather thick skin and their attempts at bullying bounce off. Keyboard warriors who I know would not say boo to a goose in real life. One of them who genuinely claims to hate me on here and spews bile at many a poster comes across as a rather nice chap in real life but is a nasty so and so when he thinks he’s anonymous. He doesn’t even realise I know him in real life and have had a few conversations with him. He’s rather a smarmy charmer.

However I also personally know two posters who would have liked to have posted on mental health threads and would have benefited from doing so who won’t post because of these type of members and how personal they get.
And I don’t blame them. One particular poster had a pop at me for having “tragic stories” and sharing with strangers just a few days before starting a thread about his dead father and how much he misses him at Christmas. Classic bully, rips it out of others but demands respect for his shit.

I personally won’t be spending much time on here from now on. NSC is a nastier place these days and it’s not a place I really want to use anymore.

Most people here show respect and I would hazard a guess like your NSC identity (whether they're on the same side of the political fence or not). You come across as an open and good bloke.

Those attempting to brow-beat you over any subject matter, come across as quite bitter.

But I don't blame you for planning to spend less time on social media.

Have a good 2019!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Man you must be a blast on a night out.

He ( [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] ) is actually, he really is. Me and the Frau had the pleasure of his company a few nights ago in a couple of boozers round his way. We had a right laugh.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m not keen on Zoe Ball, I never have been, but, I gave her a couple of weeks to change my opinion of her.

Unfortunately, I find her even more annoying in the morning than any when else, but, Radio 2s music policy of playing Sia, Mabel, Dua Lipa, Ariadne Grande(sp?) etc,was the real deal breaker for me. It’s little girl music, and, as such, should be on Radio 1.
I now listen to proper grumpy old man music on Virgin most of the day now. It ain’t perfect, but, it’s better than Radio 2.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m not keen on Zoe Ball, I never have been, but, I gave her a couple of weeks to change my opinion of her.

Unfortunately, I find her even more annoying in the morning than any when else, but, Radio 2s music policy of playing Sia, Mabel, Dua Lipa, Ariadne Grande(sp?) etc,was the real deal breaker for me. It’s little girl music, and, as such, should be on Radio 1.
I now listen to proper grumpy old man music on Virgin most of the day now. It ain’t perfect, but, it’s better than Radio 2.

I see they have given that extraordinary nonsense of a man, Rylan a show on radio 2. Bit by bit they are ballsing up R2 big time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I see they have given that extraordinary nonsense of a man, Rylan a show on radio 2. Bit by bit they are ballsing up R2 big time.

I’ve never heard him, it’s either Radio Sussex or Radio 5 live on a Saturday afternoon. ( if we’re away, ir not playing)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Could you be more specific :D

She chatters away to herself, trying to crack jokes, and was talking about waking up in the middle of the night and her dreams. That's just one episode when she first started. It wasn't in the least bit interesting or funny.

I like Lisa Tarbuck who is naturally funny and did a great Saturday evening slot.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hows it going with Sara Cox in the drive time slot?
I can't be bothered with it, I want to listen to Mayo. I don't mind Ken Bruce, but Mayo's show was my favourite on R2.

I liked Steve Wright's afternoon show back in the late 80s, but he's become more and more annoying over time. And while I don't mind Jeremy Vine as a person, his show is a terrible Jeremy Kyle style load of tabloid shit.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
She chatters away to herself, trying to crack jokes, and was talking about waking up in the middle of the night and her dreams. That's just one episode when she first started. It wasn't in the least bit interesting or funny.

I like Lisa Tarbuck who is naturally funny and did a great Saturday evening slot.

Hmmm ..could you be more specific about her dreams (no don’t)

I caught the show once and found it exactly as described

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can't be bothered with it, I want to listen to Mayo. I don't mind Ken Bruce, but Mayo's show was my favourite on R2.

I liked Steve Wright's afternoon show back in the late 80s, but he's become more and more annoying over time. And while I don't mind Jeremy Vine as a person, his show is a terrible Jeremy Kyle style load of tabloid shit.

Try listening to that geezer on R5 from one pm :facepalm: ..I think I now fall out of their target audience

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Simon Mayo and Ken Bruce were my favourites. Now, there's just cuddly Ken.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Its not happened for a while, but i love it when Len Goodman steps in to cover the radio 2, Sundays 5-7pm, slot. His music knowledge of the golden age is superb, and goes perfectly with a late roast dinner and shed loads of red wine.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Sara Cox show has grown on me. Had to give up on Zoe though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here