Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What pisses you off about Christmas?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Michael Buble. Does F..k all for 11 months then all of a sudden it's "Chestnuts, chestnuts, chestnuts"

And that diabetes riddled Coca Cola lorry.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I am not religious, don’t believe in the virgin birth, or St Nick, can’t stand the adverts, the fakeness, The presents no one needs or wants. The tv is shite, they feck about with the football fixtures, you have to spend time with relatives you can’t stand.

It’s bollox I hate it.

Bloody hell, I felt like I typed that ALMOST word for word.I've done a fair bit of "talking to God" lately because of a close family members poor health though. I guess that makes me a bit of a hypocrite. Essentially it's the waste I can't square myself with. I'll probably take and put on my plate(s) and then throw in the bin enough food to keep a family in parts of Africa alive for a month, that surely can't be right, can it?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
All the begging charities on tv

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Retail. We've has xmas stock in our warehouse since the first week of September, so it gets a bit dull after a while.

Plus customers tend to be bigger wankpuffins this time of year, when there's really no need to be.

That brings back memories.
Used to hate it when you slogged non stop for the days leading up to it and two days later it was all over.
I got out just around the time we were being asked to open on Boxing Day and probably by now it's Christmas Day too.
And used to hate trying to close at 4.30pm Christmas Eve with people moaning cos we had run out of stuff.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Oh, I like a good whingy thread! At this moment what's annoying me is all my clients from every project I've worked on over the past year suddenly needing very minor updates done to all of their reports IMMEDIATELY.

This, the updates absolutely have to be done before Christmas. WHY?!? Who is reading my reports over the holidays?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
An obsession with every member of family demanding to see each other on Christmas day...

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Dislike the notion that you have to spend loads on presents for people to avoid being labelled a tight git!

Dislike being expected to drink alcohol any hour of the day because it's Christmas. But on the flip side love being able to drink as much, and at any hour I like because it's Christmas!

Dislike Michael Buble being thawed out mid to late November every year.

Always loved the festive football though, especially Boxing Day games

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The stress for the Mrs of preparing THE most important meal of the year for 9 people.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The homeless who are living in a life threatening situation, sitting there in freezing conditions watching the world spend, spend and spend on pointless, not needed gifts all for the sake of a religious celebration most people don't even believe in.

Merry xmas everyone
You can rest assured that most don't give a fack about religion but love the break from work and the feel good factor :)

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I get pissed off when advertisers call it 'The Holidays' or 'The Festive Season'... No, it's CHRISTMAS in the country you are currently spending your tax-dodged millions in via the advertising agency full of pony tails, beards and roll necks... you Dicks...

I hate cards which say "Have an Amazing Christmas!!". I have not been amazed by Christmas since I saw a half-eaten mince pie on Christmas morning as a 6 year old and though it was THE Santa who had actually taken a bite out of it.

It pisses me off that people can spend so much money on such absolute frivolous shite when people are sleeping in shop doorways and families can't afford to feed themselves (nod to an earlier post on this thread).

I don't like the fact that a fictitious story written almost two thousand years ago, with so many changes and inconsistencies, can force people to be falsely nice to each other one day a year.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I get pissed off when advertisers call it 'The Holidays' or 'The Festive Season'... No, it's CHRISTMAS in the country you are currently spending your tax-dodged millions in via the advertising agency full of pony tails, beards and roll necks... you Dicks...

I hate cards which say "Have an Amazing Christmas!!". I have not been amazed by Christmas since I saw a half-eaten mince pie on Christmas morning as a 6 year old and though it was THE Santa who had actually taken a bite out of it.

It pisses me off that people can spend so much money on such absolute frivolous shite when people are sleeping in shop doorways and families can't afford to feed themselves (nod to an earlier post on this thread).

I don't like the fact that a fictitious story written almost two thousand years ago, with so many changes and inconsistencies, can force people to be falsely nice to each other one day a year.
Christ are you Jeremy Corbyn?
Right barell of laughs :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The homeless who are living in a life threatening situation, sitting there in freezing conditions watching the world spend, spend and spend on pointless, not needed gifts all for the sake of a religious celebration most people don't even believe in.

Merry xmas everyone

Been past the Parliament entrance at the Westminster tube exit several times recently. There are a couple of homeless people sleeping rough there. It absolutely stinks of piss. And meanwhile a load of utter clowns troop past each day to debate Brexit, all buffed and fluffed, poppies recently removed from expensive button holes. It is quite disgusting.

ps today I saw a team of chaps washing the area to reduce the reach of the urine. I wonder who arranged that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here