Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Argus comments section

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Don't agree with? So do you think they should be prevented from playing?

Clearly, in BG's world, he feels he has some kind of moral superiority and control over women - else he wouldn't tell them they shouldn't play football. The deluded thoughts he has of thinking he can tell them what they can or can't do, all the while hiding behind the thin facade of being 'old-fashioned', are actually quite a sick joke.

The wonderful thing is - he is utterly powerless to stop women playing football, and that makes his pathetic grandure even better.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Clearly, in BG's world, he feels he has some kind of moral superiority and control over women - else he wouldn't tell them they shouldn't play football. The deluded thoughts he has of thinking he can tell them what they can or can't do, all the while hiding behind the thin facade of being 'old-fashioned', are actually quite a sick joke.

The wonderful thing is - he is utterly powerless to stop women playing football, and that makes his pathetic grandure even better.

Oh Knowledgeable one why can Gykores play or be on our bench against Bournemouth in the cup but his girlfriend cant.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Whilst people may disagree with BGs view which is clearly "out of date" and wrong (in our opinion), its a generation thing. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's grandad would agree with him. (dont even mention "gays" or "pakis"). He's entitled to his opinion. Every culture and generation has different ones. No big deal here

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Only a suggestion as I am anti womens football any way and think that Preston Park s more fitting to them. I realise that my views wont go down well with many but I believe that football cricket and rugby are mens sports and should remain so.

I believe that m,en should be men and women should be women and never the twain to cross. Old fashioned it may be but I still open a door and walk on the road side of the pavement when with a lady of any age.

Old fashioned? I left school in 1964 Hove County Grammar School for Girls. We were taught cricket there and one of my classmates became Sussex Ladies wicketkeeper.

You're not old fashioned, you're bigoted.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Only a suggestion as I am anti womens football any way and think that Preston Park s more fitting to them. I realise that my views wont go down well with many but I believe that football cricket and rugby are mens sports and should remain so.

Whilst people may disagree with BGs view which is clearly "out of date" and wrong (in our opinion), its a generation thing. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's grandad would agree with him. (dont even mention "gays" or "pakis"). He's entitled to his opinion. Every culture and generation has different ones. No big deal here

I'm 70 and don't agree with him so please don't put it down to generational thinking.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

And if my granddad, or any elderly relative, expressed such out-dated and frankly ridiculous views, I'd call them out on it. He may be entitled to his opinion, but needs to be told that he is utterly wrong.

BG's comments on this thread are unfathomable. He is anti-women's sport. He clearly thinks that female emancipation is a bad thing. He is spouting utter bollocks.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Oh Knowledgeable one why can Gykores play or be on our bench against Bournemouth in the cup but his girlfriend cant.

This is comical. You have to be taking the piss.

Men and women do not share the same physiology, so in just about all sports they compete separately. Do you want to ban women from taking part in any sport unless they are competing with men?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm 70 and don't agree with him so please don't put it down to generational thinking.

Well sorry it is generational thinking. Times change. Just cos you dont agree with him, I dont either. But I dare say a fair higher percentage of 70 year old men will agree with him than 25 year old men. Women are only just "allowed" to go to war in front line combat. In Saudi women are allowed to drive now. Women have been "allowed" to vote for how long?

Yeah its wrong and times move on. Some people/cultures faster than others

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Well sorry it is generational thinking. Times change. Just cos you dont agree with him, I dont either. But I dare say a fair higher percentage of 70 year old men will agree with him than 25 year old men. Women are only just "allowed" to go to war in front line combat. In Saudi women are allowed to drive now. Women have been "allowed" to vote for how long?

Yeah its wrong and times move on. Some people/cultures faster than others

Women have been allowed to vote for 100 years. Yes, women are allowed to be front line now (I helped pave the way for that)

Saudi women are in a different culture.

I would say the majority of my generation think the same way as us. I also know that BG is a wind up merchant so don't fully believe that he is serious in this thread.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
And if my granddad, or any elderly relative, expressed such out-dated and frankly ridiculous views, I'd call them out on it. He may be entitled to his opinion, but needs to be told that he is utterly wrong.

BG's comments on this thread are unfathomable. He is anti-women's sport. He clearly thinks that female emancipation is a bad thing. He is spouting utter bollocks.

Indeed I pull my dad up when he talks of Polish immigrants having worked in factorys all his life/

BG said football, cricket, and rugby. Not womens sport. The guys werent allowed to play rounders or netball at my school.

Just the way it is/was

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Indeed I pull my dad up when he talks of Polish immigrants having worked in factorys all his life/

BG said football, cricket, and rugby. Not womens sport. The guys werent allowed to play rounders or netball at my school.

Just the way it is/was

Stoolball. Mixed teams

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Women have been allowed to vote for 100 years. Yes, women are allowed to be front line now (I helped pave the way for that)

Saudi women are in a different culture.

I would say the majority of my generation think the same way as us. I also know that BG is a wind up merchant so don't fully believe that he is serious in this thread.

I know he is! But I don't disbelieve that he thinks women shouldn't play football, rugby or cricket

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I am asking why should that not be permitted in this world of equality, obviously the powers that be at FIFA or the FA do not agree. Show jumping, horse racing, rally driving and motor racing allow both sexes to compete against each other.

Now why do you think that should be? Could it possibly be because they have another element in each sport to fulfil it?
Horses and cars?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whilst people may disagree with BGs view which is clearly "out of date" and wrong (in our opinion), its a generation thing.
Please don't tar my ancestors with his brush. Not being a fan of women's football is fine, but to not think they should be allowed to play is mental, it's not a generation thing.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Because women don't play in a man's team. Why the sarcasm?

Genuine question TB. What so you think will happen when football is blessed with a female Messi, so talented that some top PL clubs want her in the first team? Surly if she has the talent, no one should be allowed to put up barriers to stop her?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here