Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Memorabilia.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was having a bit of a clear out in my loft the other day and I came across my copy of "DIVISION ONE - HERE WE COME, The Evening Argus promotion supplement from 1979, all 40 pages of it! It's a bit frayed round the edges, but all in all in pretty good condition for its age.

I've had it for nearly 40 years now, and I've got to the stage in my life where I'm more bothered about clearing out stuff rather than accumulating stuff, so if anybody is interested in acquiring it please PM me your address and I'll pop it in the Christmas post.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Was having a bit of a clear out in my loft the other day and I came across my copy of "DIVISION ONE - HERE WE COME, The Evening Argus promotion supplement from 1979, all 40 pages of it! It's a bit frayed round the edges, but all in all in pretty good condition for its age.

I've had it for nearly 40 years now, and I've got to the stage in my life where I'm more bothered about clearing out stuff rather than accumulating stuff, so if anybody is interested in acquiring it please PM me your address and I'll pop it in the Christmas post.

I'd love it, but I think you have PMs off?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Have I? I've never used the PM function - just seen other people talking about it. If mine's switched off, can ou tell me how to switch it on?

"GT49er has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
"GT49er has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
Found it now - guess I must have set it that way when I joined up, yonks ago. I think I've opened it now, if you want to try.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
How about photos of the important bits so we can see? Unfortunately newspaper dies if framed and exposed to sunlight.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I assume [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] has beaten me to it, but for anyone else reading this who might be looking to dispose of Albion memorabilia in the future, I'm always interested in giving a good home to things like tickets, handbooks, postcards, fixture cards, Argus supplements - even scrapbooks that people kept.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Are you still in Phoenix, or more local?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I assume [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] has beaten me to it, but for anyone else reading this who might be looking to dispose of Albion memorabilia in the future, I'm always interested in giving a good home to things like tickets, handbooks, postcards, fixture cards, Argus supplements - even scrapbooks that people kept.
Sorry, yes, the article in question is on its way to Wozza. The good news is that he has stated it's his intention to scan it so that others can see it. If you want to PM me your address, I'll bear it in mind should I unearth any other interesting Albion stuff. There were a couple of scrapbooks at one time - don't know if they still exist. There's a Brighton 2 Bristol Rovers 8 programme that keeps surfacing every few years.................

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I still live in Arizona but my sister lives in Eastbourne, which I use as a "base" when I travel back.

Right, I live in Truro, but my sister lives in Southwick, which I use as a "base" when I travel back. :thumbsup:

I'm going to declutter next year, so will be looking for good homes for a lot of old stuff.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, yes, the article in question is on its way to Wozza. The good news is that he has stated it's his intention to scan it so that others can see it. If you want to PM me your address, I'll bear it in mind should I unearth any other interesting Albion stuff. There were a couple of scrapbooks at one time - don't know if they still exist. There's a Brighton 2 Bristol Rovers 8 programme that keeps surfacing every few years.................

Yes, I'm happy to scan and share as a PDF.

Thanks GT49er.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, I'm happy to scan and share as a PDF.

Thanks GT49er.
Look forward to being able to see it again in a few years time - in a format that doesn't clutter up my house! De-cluttering and down-sizing is the way ahead for me.........it's that time of life!

Actually, it's quite good to think it's going to a good home.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I have the same. Precious thing. Keeping mine.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Two daughters, two granddaughters, son-in-law a Spurs supporter - what's the point in keeping mine to be chucked out when I leave the house clearance to my family?

On line, as a PDF ........... much better place than the re-cycling bin!

No, that's perfectly fair.

I wasn't claiming to be rational. I can be a sentimental old fool, frankly. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here