Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How to make the Carabao Cup more exciting

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
it may exist but that is where the comparison ends. IMHO

Perhaps my attitude would vary if either of my granddaughters wanted to play football but at the moment I do not agree with Ladies Football at any level.

You can't "not agree" with Women's football. Do you disagree with everything that your granddaughters do not do? Do they play tennis? If not, I assuming you disagree with Women's tennis.

Next rule for the Carabao Cup...

All our games to be reffed by [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] and he will be mic'd so all his lectures to the players can be heard by the crowd. Would be hilarious.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You can't "not agree" with Women's football. Do you disagree with everything that your granddaughters do not do? Do they play tennis? If not, I assuming you disagree with Women's tennis.

Next rule for the Carabao Cup...

All our games to be reffed by [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] and he will be mic'd so all his lectures to the players can be heard by the crowd. Would be hilarious.

in my younger days I qualified as a ref and absolutely hated it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dont think it should exist.as a competitive sport I think the same about Ladies Cricket too many trying to be seen to be correct. Let men be men and ladies be ladies.

So ladies should be denied the opportunity of taking part in competitive sport, in order that they can still be "ladies".

Yes BG. That makes perfect sense.

In 1856.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think that they should compete in female sports like Tennis, Badminton Athletics swimming etc not male dominated sports like Football Cricket or Boxing, its .just my opinion.

But what if they really enjoy it ? What if they're good at it ? What if it helps their fitness, improves their social life, boosts their sense of achievement and self-esteem ?

Why should they be BANNED from certain sports just because males got their first ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Dont think it should exist.as a competitive sport I think the same about Ladies Cricket too many trying to be seen to be correct. Let men be men and ladies be ladies.
Eh? Seen to be correct? I know loads of girls and women who play cricket. They do it because they enjoy it (and some of them are very good). Who are you to tell them that they shouldn't be allowed to play?

You do realise that there are plenty of women playing with/against men (because they're there on merit) these days...... don't you?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No because it is predominantly a female sport not exclusive and males can play it to a proficient standard. Ladies should be playing stoolball not cricket.

This thread has become completely distracted by the fact of 1 person suggesting all teams contain 1 woman and I disagreed and people jumped in to try to belittle me.. Lets get back on track. with ways to improve this competition.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Whilst BG's views on Ladies Sport are batshit mental, the highlights of Tottenham V Albion Ladies on Seagulls TV are not a great example of sporting excellence.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No because it is predominantly a female sport not exclusive and males can play it to a proficient standard. Ladies should be playing stoolball not cricket.

This thread has become completely distracted by the fact of 1 person suggesting all teams contain 1 woman and I disagreed and people jumped in to try to belittle me.. Lets get back on track. with ways to improve this competition.

To be fair mate, it was the suggestion you made that women should not play football at all that is attracting attention.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Make the clubs play the same players for the next league game.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
At random points during the game a klazon sounds (chance for sponsorship there straight away. 'oh, it's the John Smiths klazon')

At this stage the ends the teams are attacking immediately swap. The 'keepers make a mad dash to get to the other end and a brilliant attack turns into panicked defending.

To add to this the people controlling the klazon are in a studio in London and not actually watching the game so a 30 yard screamer could turn into a brilliant own goal mid air

I whole heartedly endorse this. Maty Ryan has been practising already with his lung busting goal celebration runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably not as most females cant, proficiently,.if your level of proficiency is Non League Premier (Burgess Hill) or above.

Caveman.jpg

That's you, that is :wozza::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here