Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pelligrini to leave City at end of season, to be replaced by Guardiola

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It'd be interesting to see how Guardiola would perform at a club that doesn't have a limitless budget.

theboybilly

Pelligrini has done ok. Let's face it, his City side won the title because Liverpool bottled it. Chelsea spanked them last season. Given the riches he has, and probably the best striker in the land in Aguero, he's barely achieved what would be expected

City only won their first title because word filtered through to QPR that they were safe and they gave up battling...yet another reason to dislike that bunch of shysters at Loftus Road

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
City only won their first title because word filtered through to QPR that they were safe and they gave up battling...yet another reason to dislike that bunch of shysters at Loftus Road

That was under Mancini.

Anyway, watch the Aguero goal back and the reaction of the QPR players. There is no way they knew they were safe. No way.

If they did then they all deserve Oscars for their depiction of utter grief.

theboybilly

That was under Mancini.

Anyway, watch the Aguero goal back and the reaction of the QPR players. There is no way they knew they were safe. No way.

If they did then they all deserve Oscars for their depiction of utter grief.

I know it was under Mancini, I was thinking more of the mega-bucks club itself. I was at home watching it all unravel on TV and knew well before City equalised that Rangers were safe because Stoke had drawn with Bolton. QPR fans were celebrating staying up with their team leading 2-1 (admittedly down to 10 men) Rangers then switched off for the remaining (almost) 6 minutes of stoppage time. They gifted City the title

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I know it was under Mancini, I was thinking more of the mega-bucks club itself. I was at home watching it all unravel on TV and knew well before City equalised that Rangers were safe because Stoke had drawn with Bolton. QPR fans were celebrating staying up with their team leading 2-1 (admittedly down to 10 men) Rangers then switched off for the remaining (almost) 6 minutes of stoppage time. They gifted City the title

If it pissed Taggart off then I'm all for it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is most unusual, a manager has reached the end of his contract, there's a mutual agreement not to renew it, and a new manager is coming in. I thought the standard procedure was to give the manager a 5 year extension, and then sack him and pay him a few million quid after a couple months.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Watching SSN this afternoon and they are jizzing themselves about the prospect of this, which IMO is very unfair on Pellegrini. He's done a good job (admittedly in a role even I could probably do), still in the hunt for the Quadruple with 3 months left of the season. For me the headline should be "overhyped manager joins overhyped club", as I don't honestly see what difference it makes. Pellegrini probably going the other way though.

and would'nt be funny if City lost out on the lot.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
As suggested by others, pretty poor treatment for Manuel Pellegrini who has done a pretty good job and who has been an excellent ambassador for Citeh.

He fulfilled his contract with, as stated, way more than acceptable results but this emphasises everything that is wrong with football today.

Indeed I will chuckle if it goes tits up under PG !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here