Lichfield, United Kingdom
REINELT12.jpg

Subs:

GK - Flowers
FB/RM/CM - McAteer
CB/ST - Warhurst
CM/W - Oxlade-Chamberlain
ST - Milosevic

With Fowler being the greatest goal poacher of his generation up front, being supplied by the mercurial talents of Ginola and Beardsley - the incredible raw pace of Walcott - my front four is a match for any defence. Add in the steel, guile and engine of both Speed and Taylor - workmanlike and dogged to win the midfield battle. In defence, the phenomenal McGrath, partnering Woodgate, with Coleman and Ziege marauding down the flanks is solid and effective.

Only having 5 subs meant having to ensure that pretty much all positions are covered with some excellent utility players. The height and power of Milosevic to provide an excellent target man if required, Oxlade Chamberlain if a defence needs a lock picking, McAteer to cover full back positions and Warhurst to cover defence and should we really need it to be thrown up front to grab a goal. Flowers also is an able deputy in goal.

Welcome to team Reinelt12!

Categories as follows:

1 Has won a Premier League Title Flowers
2 Has won the FA Cup Cudicini
3 Has played at least 200 Premier League Games Taylor
4 Has played a competitive game against Brighton McGrath
5 Has scored a Premier League Hattrick Fowler
6 Has been relegated from the Premier League McAteer
7 Has played a Premier League game for at least 3 clubs Speed
8 Been bought for a fee equal to, or greater than 10 million Walcott
9 Made his Premier League debut before his 20th Birthday Woodgate
10 Has at least 70 international caps Milosevic
11 Is currently playing in the Premier League Coleman
12 Has reached a World Cup Final Ginola
13 Has been promoted to the Premier League Beardsley
14 Has won another Top League (Top Tier) Ziege
15 Has scored in a derby (Manc/Mers/N Lond) Oxlade-Chamberlain
16 Has picked up at least 2 Red Cards in the Premier League Warhurst

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Reminder that the deadline to complete your line ups is 6pm today for those yet to finalise their teams:
[MENTION=6505]Foolg[/MENTION] you have 8 picks to make to complete your team
[MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] you have 4 picks to make to complete your team
[MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION] you have 6 picks to complete your team
[MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] you have 7 picks to complete your team
[MENTION=14929]Max Paper[/MENTION] needs to make 12 picks to catch up

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
220315120710.png

Subs:
Goalkeeper Ian Walker
Midfield Kieron Dyer
Midfield Edgar Davids
Striker Stan Collymore
Striker Henrik Larsson

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So, my last two picks are… Sébastien Aymar Bassong and Juan Cuadrado

My FINAL TEAM is…

Tim Howard

Gunnar Halle, Daniel Agger, Slaven Bilić, Lauren Blanc, Aleksandar Kolarov

Gianfranco Zola, Nicky Butt, Javier Mascherano

Daniel Sturridge, Jurgen Klinsmann

On the bench:
Tomasz Kuszczak, Gerard Pique, Kanu, Sébastien Aymar Bassong, Juan Cuadrado

Categories filled as follows:

1 - Has won a Premier League Title.

Has at least one Premier League winners medal to his name.

Kuszczak

2 - Has won the FA Cup.

Has a winners medal from any FA Cup. These could include Pre-1992 FA Cup Finals, although they would only be judged on the Post 1992 performances.

Zola

3 - Has played at least 200 Premier League Games.

Has made a total of 200 Premier League appearances. This can be spread between more than one club.

Howard

4 - Has played a competitive game against Brighton.

Has played a competitive game against Brighton, including Cup Games. This game doesn't have to be in the Premier League era.

Agger

5 - Has scored a Premier League Hattrick

Has scored at least one Premier League Hattrick in his career.

Klinnsmann

6 - Has been relegated from the Premier League

Was relegated from the Premier League. Must have played actual minutes during that campaign and still been at the club at the end of the season.

Bassong (Newcastle)

7 - Has played a Premier League fixture for at least THREE different clubs.

Has played Premier League games for at least three different clubs. The clubs don't have to be current Premier League clubs.

Kanu (Arsenal, West Brom, Portsmouth)

8 - Been bought for a fee equal to, or greater than £10,000,000.

Must have been purchased by a Premier League club for at least £10,000,000. All valuations will be taken from TransferMarkt

Cuadrado

9 - Made his Premier League debut before his 20th Birthday.

Made his Premier League Debut before they turned 20. This doesn't have to be their full debut. For example, somebody who played his first game in France aged 18 and then signed for a Premier League club at 19 and played straight away would be acceptable.

Butt

10 - Has at least 70 full international caps.

Has made at least 70 full International caps during their career. This includes caps from before 1992 and caps when playing in different countries.

Blanc

11 - Is currently playing in the Premier League

Any player who is playing in the Premier League team as of the 18/1/2015.

Kolarov

12 - Has reached a World Cup Final.

Has been part of a squad that has reached a World Cup Final. Did not have to play minutes in the final, or be part of the winning team.

Pique

13 - Has been promoted to the Premier League

Was part of any squad who won promotion from Division 1/Championship to the Premier League.

Halle

14 - Has won another Top League (La Liga, MLS, Hungarian Premier League etc.)

Has a league winners medal for any Top Tier league that isn't the Premier League. This includes the "Old" Division One.

Bilic

15 - Has scored in a Manchester, Merseyside or North London Derby.

Has been credited with a goal in any of the "Big 3" derbies in the Premier League. Manchester City v Manchester United, Liverpool v Everton or Arsenal v Spurs. Own Goals or goals in cup games do NOT count.

Sturridge

16 - Has picked up at least 2 Red Cards in the Premier League.

Has picked up two Red Cards during their Premier League career. 2 Yellows or Straight Red are acceptable.

Mascherano

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Team Rohana -

1 - Has won a Premier League Title. - Jaap Stam. 98/99, 99/00, 00/01

2 - Has won the FA Cup. - Jerzy Dudek 05/06

3 - Has played at least 200 Premier League Games - Trevor Sinclair 361 PL apperances.

4 - Has played a competitive game against Brighton. Ledley King Spurs 2 - Brighton 1. January 2005.

5 - Has scored a Premier League Hattrick Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 4 including 13 March 2002 v Tottenham (1x Right Foot, 1x Left Foot, 1x Head)

6 - Has been relegated from the Premier League - Damian Duff Newcastle United - 2008/09

7 - Has played a Premier League fixture for at least THREE different clubs. Chris Powell - Derby 1996-1998, Charlton 2000-2005, Watford 2006-2007

8 - Been bought for a fee equal to, or greater than £10,000,000. Shaun Wright-Phillips - £21,000,000 Man City to Chelsea in 2005

9 - Made his Premier League debut before his 20th Birthday. Romelu Lukaku - 27th August 2011 - Aged 19.

10 - Has at least 70 full international caps. - Noberto Solano 92 for Peru

11 - Is currently playing in the Premier League - Alex Song West Ham

12 - Has reached a World Cup Final. - Giovanni Van Brockhorst Holland 2010

13 - Has been promoted to the Premier League - Paul Merson - Portsmouth 2002/03

14 - Has won another Top League (La Liga, MLS, Hungarian Premier League etc.) - Eidur Gudjohnson Eredivisie in 1996-97 with PSV

15 - Has scored in a Manchester, Merseyside or North London Derby. Jamie Redknapp 25th April 2004 Spurs v Arsenal

16 - Has picked up at least 2 Red Cards in the Premier League. - Frank Lampard - 3 Premier League reds for Chelsea

NbeWreL.png

We are currently waiting on a formations from the following teams:

[MENTION=1135]Cullip4[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION]
[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]

I'm also struggling to the see the attachment on the posted by [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION]

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Stripeyshark PL XI

SUBS:
Tim Krul
Mark Wright
Luke Young
Matt Holland
Gabriel Agbonlahor

This team is built with strength, pace, power, experience, big game players and competition from the bench. I've had a real tough time deciding on a couple of places in this starting XI.

In terms of tactic and formation diversity, I've gone for overlapping full backs to terrorise the opposition. No team will want those four players running at them. They will be providing the assists for the only Englishman ever to win the European golden shoe for being the top league goalscorer in the continent. The other one is Michael Owen, he needs no introduction. At the back I have Nigel Martyn in goal. He made the PFA team of the year when United won the treble - ahead of Schemichael. World Cup winner Frank Lebœuf and United legend Gary Pallister complete the defence. Ahead of them is the rock Michael Essien and another who needs no introduction - Steven Gerrard.

I can easily move to a 3-5-2, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 as my subs allow that. I will be bringing on Tim Krul for the penalty shootouts!

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Sorry for the delay I have been trying to find a video walk up library website with no joy, gap in the market for someone with the time!

Here are my catagory fillers:

1 - Has won a Premier League Title. Heinze
2 - Has won the FA Cup. Platt
3 - Has played at least 200 Premier League Games. Given
4 - Has played a competitive game against Brighton. Kinkladze
5 - Has scored a Premier League Hattrick Sheringham
6 - Has been relegated from the Premier League Pearce
7 - Has played a Premier League fixture for at least THREE different clubs. Upson
8 - Been bought for a fee equal to, or greater than £10,000,000. Parker
9 - Made his Premier League debut before his 20th Birthday. Milner
10 - Has at least 70 full international caps. Pahars
11 - Is currently playing in the Premier League Green
12 - Has reached a World Cup Final. Pires
13 - Has been promoted to the Premier League Zamora
14 - Has won another Top League (La Liga, MLS, Hungarian Premier League etc.) Petrescu
15 - Has scored in a Manchester, Merseyside or North London Derby. Van Persie
16 - Has picked up at least 2 Red Cards in the Premier League. Campo

Picking a team has been an absolute nightmare as I have options all over the pitch.

I believe this is the best team to start games, Kinky has got the freedom of the park to make the magic happen and then I have options galore on the bench.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
CULLIPS CRUSADERS XI

25eda54f975d6f38498f35368cd4d24e.jpg

Bench: Green, Heinze, Milner, Zamora, Sheringham

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My final line up...

HAMILTON'S GLOBETROTTERS

Slide1.jpg

Subs bench:
GK: Tomasz Kuszczak
D: Gerard Pique
D: Sébastien Aymar Bassong
M: Juan Cuadrado
M/S: Nwankwo Kanu

Last edited:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Anticipating a [MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] post very soon. He's been on this thread! :)

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
All the teams in one post, to make voting easier.

Deportivo La Shaolinpunk

Subs: Robinson, Richards, Fletcher, Lennon, Bent

Categories:
1: Gilles Grimandi; 2: Sami Hyypia; 3: Paul Robinson; 4: Yohan Cabaye; 5: Diego Costa; 6: Ian Harte; 7: Darren Bent; 8: Ricardo Carvalho; 9: Aaron Lennon; 10: Paul Scholes; 11: Micah Richards; 12: Sylvain Wiltord; 13: Brad Friedel; 14: Darren Fletcher; 15: Gareth Bale; 16: Thomas Gravesen

5a161a53ae5fa78cc658e55c2a1b8374_zpsce719122.jpg

Subs: Wanchope, Lee(Rob), May (David), Scales, van Hooijdonk

Quick question before we kick off, am I going to get punished for not having a sub keeper? If so can I chuck one in now?

My starting lineup:

lR1lDB3.png

View attachment 64057

Subs

Coloccini
Deschamps
Malbranque
Ravenelli
Sutton

My thoughts go like so.

Ruud is an out and out striker and will sit on the backs of the front two. KP and Dempsey will roam, getting into space both centrally and out wide pulling people left and right, they're strong and technical and would be a constant threat as well as providing flair. Edu will be the lynchpin in the middle of the park, centrally we'll look at getting almost all balls through him to the potential front 5. Evra and Kelly will be attacking wing backs in the way Hyypia could only dream of, both having a wing each to bomb up and down. McClair and Carrick will both sit and compensate for the wing backs runs, make themselves a brick wall in front of the back 2 as well as two very technically gifted players with a wealth of defensive experience to avoid being ripped apart on the counter.

Bringing on Dechamps could easily allow McClair or Carrick to sit with Edu and the wing backs to become more conventional, Ravenelli and Sutton would both provide the depth if we needed more out and out attacking threat, Malbranque is there when we need a winger to come on and really stretch the game if needed.

1224842_Dream_Team.jpg

Subs:
Aaron Hughes
George Boateng
Hermann Hreiðarsson
Vladimír Šmicer
Jesus Navas

Let's try this again:

PX1mTP5.png

Subs: Dave Beasant, Vedran Corluka, Thomas Hitzlsperger, Tomas Rosicky, Olivier Giroud

Thanks [MENTION=4147]shaolinpunk[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

My team was designed with fierce competition for places in mind so that my line up would be very strong regardless of who started and who was on the bench - It may have taken pre-season training & the friendlies for the manager to decide on the starting XI.

MGS1seh.jpg

SUBS:
Hugo Lloris
Joleon Lescott
Oscar
Lee Bowyer
Edin Dzeko

My tactics / formations and line up are designed to be easily adaptable, ie - 3CBs, or 2 DMs, 2 AMs, 3 up front, etc... allowing 5/3/2, 4/3/3, 4/4/2 etc, so any formation and line up would be possible (especially as i viewed this as a season long tournament format and to counter opposition tactics and key players if needed)

View attachment 64074

Even though I say it myself, an astonishing feat in team-building.

- Incredible speed, invention, power and penetration up front
- Fluid midfield full of talent
- Robust, creative and indomitable at the back

Total Football lives again!

View attachment 64083

Subs: Ben Foster, Koscielny, Nolan, Park Ji-Sung, Chicharito

Categories:

1: Park Ji-Sung
2:Koscielny
3:Arteta
4:Johnson
5: Drogba
6: Le Saux
7: Foster
8:Young
9:Nolan
10:Chicharito
11:Jagielka
12:Makelele
13:Schwazer
14:Laursen
15:Saha
16:Bellamy

F.C GNLF

Subs: Begovic(G.K), Arbeloa, Petrov, Sterling, Dublin

Let me take you through the principles and philosophy behind F.C GNLF. It's all about balance, flexibility, mental strength, resilience and flair.

All teams need a great keeper if they want to be serious contenders and F.C GNLF has one of the very best. Liverpool's player of the year in 2010 Pepe Reina is a three times Golden Glove winner as well as having the second best clean sheet percentage(47%) in premier league history. In front of the formidable Reina is a rock solid defense boasting vast experience and success. With over 250 international caps and 1100+ premier league appearances, plenty of trophies(including doubles, olympic titles, African cup of nations titles and being a key part of the Invincibles) between them there is nothing that the attacks in this competition can throw at them that will phase them.

Then we move into the midfield where F.C GNLF, if possible, gets even stronger. There's a three man central midfield consisting of Roy Keane, Yaya Toure and Ruud Gullit. Keane will patrol in front of the defense breaking up opposition attacks and players at will. There hasn't been a more ferocious competitor than Keane in premier league history and he will provide the platform from which my midfield will dominate games. He will free up Toure and Gullit to pull the strings and use their athleticism, dynamism and power to rampage over the opposition. Now some might try and argue that Gullit didn't have much of an impact on the premier league. Wrong. Not only was he the player of the season in his only season as only a player but he came runner up in the premier league player of the year awards. Then in the following season he went on to win the F.A cup as player-manager.

Nasri will play ahead of the central three in a free role, floating here and there picking up the ball and creating havoc with his passing and dribbling.

Up front Tevez and Torres two tireless forwards will ensure that no back line will get a moments rest and they will lap up the bountiful chances created by Nasri, Toure, Gullit and the two fullbacks firing in cross after cross short, low, deep, high it'll make no diffence as my two goal machines will gobble up the chances wherever and however they fall. Supporting them will be Gullit and Toure surging from midfield.

So that starting eleven possesses all of the qualities you could possibly need in a team. It is well balanced - all players are playing in their natural positions, and its not overloaded on any part of the pitch. It possesses mental strength and resilience in spades. The players between them have won every single competition possible-league cups, f.a cups, premier leagues, uefa cups, Champions leagues, World club cups, Olympic titles, African cup of Nations titles, European Championships, World cups. It has leaders and captains all over the pitch, even a player manager. In Toure, Gullit, Nasri, Tevez nd Torres it has more than its fair share of flair.

But what of flexibility? Well, thats where the bench comes in. Arbeloa offers cover for both full backs being comfortable on either flank. Dion Dublin offers cover in central defense as well as up front(he's one of a limited number of strikers to have scored more than 100 premier league goals and is a winner of the golden boot as well). Stiliyan Petrov can play either as a central midfielder or as a defensive midfielder while Raheem Sterling can play on either wing, as a central attacking midfielder or as a striker. What this all means is that F.C GNLF can play any formation it likes or needs to without weakening the team. My preferred formation is the 4-3-1-2 that I've set up above but we are equally comfortable and strong playing a standard 4-4-2, a diamond midfield, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-3-2, 4-3-2-1 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 5-3-2, 5-4-1, 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. It's this ability to play any formation and be no weaker than our strongest formation allied with the sheer quality of the players that, I believe, sets F.C GNLF apart.

Christ, thats a really long post. Sorry!

View attachment 64084

Subs:
Bosnich
Carr
Matic
Asprilla
DUNCAN FERGUSON.

Easy.

View attachment 64091

Subs:

GK - Flowers
FB/RM/CM - McAteer
CB/ST - Warhurst
ST - Milosevic

With Fowler being the greatest goal poacher of his generation up front, being supplied by the mercurial talents of Ginola and Beardsley - the incredible raw pace of Walcott - my front four is a match for any defence. Add in the steel, guile and engine of both Speed and Taylor - workmanlike and dogged to win the midfield battle. In defence, the phenomenal McGrath, partnering Woodgate, with Coleman and Ziege marauding down the flanks is solid and effective.

Only having 5 subs meant having to ensure that pretty much all positions are covered with some excellent utility players. The height and power of Milosevic to provide an excellent target man if required, Oxlade Chamberlain if a defence needs a lock picking, McAteer to cover full back positions and Warhurst to cover defence and should we really need it to be thrown up front to grab a goal. Flowers also is an able deputy in goal.

Welcome to team Reinelt12!

Categories as follows:

1 Has won a Premier League Title Flowers
2 Has won the FA Cup Cudicini
3 Has played at least 200 Premier League Games Taylor
4 Has played a competitive game against Brighton McGrath
5 Has scored a Premier League Hattrick Fowler
6 Has been relegated from the Premier League McAteer
7 Has played a Premier League game for at least 3 clubs Speed
8 Been bought for a fee equal to, or greater than 10 million Walcott
9 Made his Premier League debut before his 20th Birthday Woodgate
10 Has at least 70 international caps Milosevic
11 Is currently playing in the Premier League Coleman
12 Has reached a World Cup Final Ginola
13 Has been promoted to the Premier League Beardsley
14 Has won another Top League (Top Tier) Ziege
15 Has scored in a derby (Manc/Mers/N Lond) Oxlade-Chamberlain
16 Has picked up at least 2 Red Cards in the Premier League Warhurst

220315120710.png

Subs:
Goalkeeper Ian Walker
Midfield Kieron Dyer
Midfield Edgar Davids
Striker Stan Collymore
Striker Henrik Larsson

Team Rohana -

NbeWreL.png

SUBS:
Tim Krul
Mark Wright
Luke Young
Matt Holland
Gabriel Agbonlahor

This team is built with strength, pace, power, experience, big game players and competition from the bench. I've had a real tough time deciding on a couple of places in this starting XI.

In terms of tactic and formation diversity, I've gone for overlapping full backs to terrorise the opposition. No team will want those four players running at them. They will be providing the assists for the only Englishman ever to win the European golden shoe for being the top league goalscorer in the continent. The other one is Michael Owen, he needs no introduction. At the back I have Nigel Martyn in goal. He made the PFA team of the year when United won the treble - ahead of Schemichael. World Cup winner Frank Lebœuf and United legend Gary Pallister complete the defence. Ahead of them is the rock Michael Essien and another who needs no introduction - Steven Gerrard.

I can easily move to a 3-5-2, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 as my subs allow that. I will be bringing on Tim Krul for the penalty shootouts!

1226193_Dream_Team.jpg
[/IMG]

Subs:
Gascoigne. P
Schneiderlin. M
Smith. A
Kewell. H
Cahill. G

CULLIPS CRUSADERS XI

25eda54f975d6f38498f35368cd4d24e.jpg

Bench: Green, Heinze, Milner, Zamora, Sheringham

My final line up...

HAMILTON'S GLOBETROTTERS

View attachment 64125

Subs bench:
GK: Tomasz Kuszczak
D: Gerard Pique
D: Sébastien Aymar Bassong
M: Juan Cuadrado
M/S: Nwankwo Kanu

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Bollocks, just realised some of the pictures haven't shown up, will have to stick them here. Please work this time.
MattBackHome

attachment.php

"Subs:
Bosnich
Carr
Matic
Asprilla
DUNCAN FERGUSON.

Easy. "

Reinelt12

"
attachment.php

Subs:

"GK - Flowers
FB/RM/CM - McAteer
CB/ST - Warhurst
ST - Milosevic

Welcome to team Reinelt12!"

AlbionAlex

attachment.php

"Subs: Ben Foster, Koscielny, Nolan, Park Ji-Sung, Chicharito"

Shuggie

attachment.php

"
Even though I say it myself, an astonishing feat in team-building.

- Incredible speed, invention, power and penetration up front
- Fluid midfield full of talent
- Robust, creative and indomitable at the back

Total Football lives again! "

The_Viper

attachment.php

"Subs

Coloccini
Deschamps
Malbranque
Ravenelli
Sutton

My thoughts go like so.

Ruud is an out and out striker and will sit on the backs of the front two. KP and Dempsey will roam, getting into space both centrally and out wide pulling people left and right, they're strong and technical and would be a constant threat as well as providing flair. Edu will be the lynchpin in the middle of the park, centrally we'll look at getting almost all balls through him to the potential front 5. Evra and Kelly will be attacking wing backs in the way Hyypia could only dream of, both having a wing each to bomb up and down. McClair and Carrick will both sit and compensate for the wing backs runs, make themselves a brick wall in front of the back 2 as well as two very technically gifted players with a wealth of defensive experience to avoid being ripped apart on the counter.

Bringing on Dechamps could easily allow McClair or Carrick to sit with Edu and the wing backs to become more conventional, Ravenelli and Sutton would both provide the depth if we needed more out and out attacking threat, Malbranque is there when we need a winger to come on and really stretch the game if needed. "

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here